Saturday, June 16, 2012

Traveling - What you miss the most

1.  Your Spouse!  nobody completes you more in your life than your spouse.  So honestly the hardest thing about traveling is being incomplete while you travel.  Not having someone to share the experiences with someone to give you the motivation to go see the beauty around you, someone to hold as you drift off to sleep at night.  but not just some one, but THE ONE!

2.  Kids!  of course all of us think day after day, wishing for hours of silence in a house full of screaming children.  But I'll be honest when I say I would take the screaming children than a week of silence in a hotel.   I find myself very anxious to wrestle or tickle or play with my girls all the time.

3.  Home Cooked Meals!  By golly I've tried every kind of food you can imagine but there is nothing better than a simple home cooked meal, eaten with your family.  Yes new restaurants and places are great experiences to have but sitting down and enjoying it as a family is an experience too.  One that should be treasured!

4.  Toys!  Yes, I'm including the toys you step on, sit on, slip on, and spend hours searching for.  But there is something to having objects in your way to keep you on your toes.  Especially sharp ones!

5.  Driving!  OK, if i'm completely honest I do like being chaperoned around in a Taxi driver.  But here in Singapore the drivers are REALLY REALLY slow!  Other places i might not be able to say the same thing.

6. Bed!  As comfortably some hotel beds are, I don't think you can every get the same quality sleep you get when you know your in your own home and the hotel desk cant create a key any time they want....  Well ok, so not so practical the first, the real reason is because your not in the bed cuddling up to drift off to sleep.  (See Reason #1 above)

7. Being a Hero!  I find I'm not a hero when i travel.  I'm not there to swoop in and take the kids when Dynelle has been pushed to her limits.  I'm not there to kiss OWies.  I'm not there to sing with, dance with, hold, play, kiss, make faces at, or tickle my family like they need every day.  (See Reason #1 & #2)

8.  Couches!  Hotels may have nice beds, but i have yet to find a nice couch to sit in.  especially cause when I'm in the hotel I'm working to pass the time from missing my wife (Reason #1) and girls (Reason #2).  A desk is not a comfortable place to sit for 15 hours a day.

9.  The Park!  Taking the girls to the park has always made me a Hero (Reason #7) to my beautiful wife, whom I miss (Reason #1).  And playing with the girls, chasing them (Reason #2) and seeing their toys enjoy the park almost as much as they do (Reason #4).  I miss the hours of smiles that come with playing at the park.

10.  Swimming!  Right next to the park (Reason #9) is our amazing pool to go swim with the girls (Reason #2) and my beautiful wife, whom I miss (Reason #1).  What's really nice is how well our girls can swim now so I can spend more time gazing into the Bright Blue Eyes of Dynelle, whom I miss (Reason #1 again) and brush her hair out of her eyes (Reason #1 again).  And tell her that I love her more than anything (Reason #1 AGAIN).

11.  Because I do!  See Reason #10 through #1, but especially #1 if you haven't noticed already!


Babe, I miss you and am looking forward to the 26 hours of torture i have to endure on an airplane to get back to your side!  So that I can be complete again

Love you!

1 comment:

  1. are you two for real? you are just so cute. i thought nate was nice and romantic, but kirk should give lessons! :) :)

    ReplyDelete