Thursday, June 21, 2012

Funny things the girls say

The other day, while eating bread with nutella on it, Kirsten rather thoughtfully said "I should always have chocolate in my mouth." I couldn't agree more!

The girls love to play puppies/kitties/babies/etc and the other day Audrey crawled over (on all fours) to me and licked my leg. I told her I do not like my leg to be licked. Kirsten piped up and said "you can lick me!" and Audrey did just that! Kirsten gave her a big smile and a rub on the head.

When we have scripture study at night Kirk and I read the girls a verse to repeat back word by word. The other day Audrey grabbed a Book of Mormon, sat by me, opened it up and started having me "read" it by repeating after her...."prophet" "is" "again" "you" "me" it was super cute.

Audrey loves to dress up like a princess complete with wand and crown. The other day I was sitting at the table and she came over to me waved her wand and turned me into a "king" (I know you are jealous). Kirsten came over and Audrey turned her into a "mermaid" Kirsten was very distraught at the thoughts of being a mermaid instead of a barbie and after a lot of begging Audrey relented and turned Kirsten into a "barbie." To say Kirsten was overjoyed would be an understatement. Kirsten jumped up and down and grabbed Audrey in a huge bear hug and said "oh thank you! thank you Audrey! I'm so happy to be a barbie!" It was quite hilarious.

The girls have really started to play "house" with their little dolls. I am constantly hearing them yell for "mommy MOMMY" to which I reply "what?" and they say "no, not you mommy." Oh silly me, last time I checked I was the mommy of the house :)

Today Kirk and I were talking on the phone about his flights to get home (he leaves tonight!). Audrey heard us and said "now we will be all together?!" It was the sweetest thing.
The girls taking afternoon naps. Can you find Kirsten?
It was 108 outside when this picture was taken but Kirsten had this crazy notion that she was "cold"

1 comment:

  1. ha ha 108 and she is wearing a jacket. It's like she has been around Camille or something. Is she behind the couch in that one picture? Your girls are so funny!

    ReplyDelete