Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday

Dear Kirk,
Thanks for the pictures of Singapore. It sure is beautiful, but I think anywhere with trees is paradise. I'm glad we were able to chat today. I'm glad your training is going well and that you are staying busy. 
We really had a great Monday here. Audrey climbed in bed with me at 5:30...I tried to get her to go back to sleep but eventually I had to go to the bathroom and she got to watch Dora just like she had hoped. We were showered, dressed, and eating breakfast before Easton and Carly showed up to play with us for the day. After dishes and a few chores we headed over to the playground where we met up with the Bingham's. The kids chased each other, rode bikes, and played hide and seek. We all came back to our house and made little airplanes out of Popsicle sticks and clothes pins. The kids painted them first then I glued them together. It was a fun craft. Kirsten is our creative girl and wanted to attach a pipe cleaner as a curly tail. The idea caught on quickly and soon everyone was doing it. We had lunch and played some fun kid friendly games (don't break the ice, uno, memory, don't spill the beans, and ants in the pants). Everyone had a great time...so much that the girls were asleep 20 minutes after everyone went home. It was super fun to have a house full of kids. Although 7 kids is a lot of work...I was exhausted and asleep within 20 minutes too, ha ha.
 
After dinner we met up with a few friends, who's husbands were also not home for dinner, at the pool. We had a blast in the pool. Kirsten is such a little fish. In no time she is going to be diving in the water and swimming the length of the pool. Audrey was kinda clingy tonight...I think she misses you. Dinner was yummy and the company was super fun. We didn't make it home until 7:45...that's how you know we had a fabulous time.  It was such a pretty perfect evening, I wish I would have gotten more pictures but we were having to much fun to stop and grab the camera.
We came home took a quick bath and then watched (wait for it) Barbie Mermaid movie it.  Remember the sunburn I had we knew would peel while you were away. Well when I took my shirt off after the pool there was dead skin floating down like snow...it was disgusting. I sure wish you were here to give me a good back scratch. Cute thing from the night. Our freshly bathed girls decided to cover my face in kisses. Let me tell you there is nothing better than those two girls kissing your face repeatedly. My smile was as wide as my face. We sure are blessed with beautiful girls.
Everyone has been so kind to me, knowing that you are far away. Jane insisted on taking our girls tomorrow for a play date. I don't even have anything to do, can you imagine a couple of hours in the middle of the day all to myself? I should clean the bathrooms or mop the floor...but you know how I feel about those chores! Lots of other friends have volunteered to take the girls for me whenever I need a break. I really love the people here in Vegas. Thanks for dragging me down here :)
I hope your Tuesday was great. Hopefully I can talk to you before you go to bed.
I love you.
PS Here are some pictures of Kirsten and I pulling silly faces this morning. And I posted pictures of me for you, so your turn ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment