Sunday, June 3, 2012

Date Night

Last night a friend asked us to watch her kids while her and her husband went to dinner then she volunteered to stay at our house with our sleeping girls so we could go out. Who says no to date night, seriously not us! We left the house at 8:45 pm and were undecided about where to go. We couldn't agree on a movie worth spending money on so we decided to hit up Walmart for a few groceries and then go to the park. So walmart at 9:00 on a Saturday night....this is definitely when people of walmart have their cameras out. We grabbed some cashews and mtn dew and headed to the park to look at the 20 stars Vegas has to offer. It was so super fun to lay under the night sky and talk about the girls, our new piano, how beautiful the moon is, how happy we are, and what we want out of life. It was darn near a perfect date until I noticed a cockroach on our blanket. Then realization hit me like a ton of bricks...cockroaches come out at night in Vegas. They were literally crawling all over the ground. I was running to the car screaming at Kirk to leave the blanket and cashews. He thought that I was slightly dramatic and brought the blanket anyway...but he understands that I won't use it until he kindly puts it in the washer for me. Dramatic who?
We came home and my sweet friend had cleaned my playroom and vacuumed my downstairs. I sure am lucky to have such great friends. Plus I had this cute faces to kiss goodnight. Life is pretty darn great.
If you kiss her face when she is sleeping she will stir get a big smile on her face and snuggle down into her blankets.
Can you see her cute "polka dots" on her face. She is rather proud of them.

1 comment:

  1. ah you're friend is so sweet and I love that Audrey does that and Kirsten's polka dots are so cute! Tell her that they will never go away. Dramatic who?

    ReplyDelete