Sunday, June 3, 2012

Brinkerhoff Women Extravaganza 2012

A few weekends (May 17-20) ago I was lucky enough to have my mom and 6 of my sisters come down to Vegas for the weekend. This was no ordinary happen at the last second weekend, it was a weekend we had talked about for over a year. My oldest sister Kristy just graduated last month with her bachelor degree in Elementary Education. Last year we decided that it would be fun to put together a girls trip to celebrate her huge accomplishment. Phantom of the Opera, shopping in Vegas, and my willingness to host, landed our fun weekend here. I have been so excited for months and months...I have had a rigid cleaning and home repair schedule so that everything would be perfect for this weekend. But it wouldn't have been nearly as fun without my mom and sisters. Everyone but Amanda was able to make it, which was such a treat to be together (we missed Amanda so much!). Kristy, Camille, Crystal (Riley's wife), Jess (Brett's wife), Emily (Garrett's wife), Chelsey and my mom...it was just a party waiting to happen!
The ladies arrived in the late afternoon Thursday. We visited and ate warm chocolate chip cookies (luckily it was a windy day here and chocolate chip cookies were in order). We made dinner and my good friend Sarah came over with her massage table. She set it up in our playroom with candles, and soft music and then each of us were treated to a 30 minutes massage. My oh my it was heaven and the perfect way to start out the weekend. While each person got their massage the rest of us played games, watched movies, snacked on yummy food, painted our nails, did face masks, and of course chatted (Crystal kept us all entertained!).
Kirk and the girls were here, but not here. Kirk kept the girls plenty busy going and doing fun hikes, McDonalds, swimming, seeing mermaids, and all sorts of fun stuff. It was the perfect combination because my family was able to see my cute girls but I was also able to not worry about taking care of them because Kirk was all over it (he even took Friday off work!).
Friday was our shopping day. We hit up Target, Ross, World Market, Mimi's Cafe, The Container Store, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body Works, Old Navy, and H&M. We literally shopped all day and came home with enough shopping bags to fill my living room floor! We left at 10 and didn't come home until 8...we had that much fun! Once we were home we had a fun fashion show and got see everyone's purchases. That evening we watched more chick flicks and put our feet up.
We spent Saturday morning at the pool. It was perfect weather and so fun to just be with my sisters at the pool. We had a blast swimming and sun tanning. After a quick lunch we went and got pedicures...all 8 of us. It was super fun to see all our fancy toes afterwards. And would believe me if I said we stopped at Target on the way home? Can you see where I get my love for Target from? :) We all got dressed up fancy at went to the melting pot for dinner. Non of us had been there before and we thought it would be fun to try it together. We weren't quite prepared for how expensive it was ($40 a plate), but decided to make the most of the moment and enjoy it. Oh my word we had so much fun. I think it was my favorite part of whole trip. We laughed and chatted and the food was so fun and delicious! It really was a perfect evening. We were enjoying ourselves so much that we lost track of time and had to rush through dessert so we could leave and make it to Phantom of the Opera in time. Yes the whole reason for the trip was Phantom. And it did not disappoint, the showing was amazing. The singing, the props, the special effects...it wasa  stunning show and we all had so much fun. Afterwards my crazy sisters wanted to walk down the strip (at midnight on a Saturday!) and well lets just say they learned their lesson and won't want to be doing that again :)
Camille, Mom, Crystal, Chelsey, Me, Emily, Kristy, Jess
It was so sad to see them leave Sunday morning. Our fabulously fun weekend was over. But I needed sleep so desperately that I knew it was time :) I took three naps that day and still slept 10 solid hours that night....and that's how you know we had a very very good time.
I love you ladies, thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment