Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hey Babe

Hey Honey,
Want to see some cute pictures of the girls sleeping last night. Do you miss the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom book yet? Cause it certainly misses you!
 Aren't they cute? I bet you miss them terribly. I know they really miss you.
It's been a really long day. Girls slept in til 7:10, it was our very own miracle. Although it meant we woke up after you went to bed and missed talking to you :( We hopped out of bed, grabbed fruit loops and gogurts (breakfast for champions) and walked 2 miles around the neighborhood. The girls were good, we played the color and animal games.We stopped at the park and the girls played barefoot in their pjs just the way they like it.
I took the girls over to Jane's around 10. I came home ready for a nap. But I spent the morning on the phone. I did laundry and got the house cleaned up. It was just nice to have some peace and quiet. The girls had a blast playing with their friends. When I went to pick them up they were jumping on the tramp with a 5 gallon bucket full of water trying not to get soaked. Audrey was dripping wet when I finally pulled her off the tramp but her smile was beaming.
We came home, I folded laundry, Kirsten played in the bath, and Audrey got her blanket and pillow on the floor and put herself down for a nap. I finished the laundry and had a quick tearful conversation with you. Seconds after I hung up with you I was asleep. Audrey and I slept til 5 and Kirsten cuddled up in the pillows on our bed and slept until 6:30!
I knew the girls wouldn't go to bed by 8 so I gave in to my salty cravings and we went to In N Out for dinner.
Afterwards we hit up Target for milk, gogurts (they are my saving grace while you are gone this trip), and some drawing pads for the girls.
Much to Audrey's demise I made them stay in this bus of a cart, they begged to ride in, the entire time
When we got home Audrey couldn't find her drawing pad anywhere so I went back out to the car to search for it. As I stepped back I stepped on Kirsten's foot and she fell over, crying. That was the defining of moment of when I was ready for your trip to be over. Both girls crying, me exhausted (even though I had a nap) and frustrated. We just all needed you to calm us down. For you to get the girls some coco and let me go to the bathroom without anyone following me. Funny story as Audrey was getting ready for bed she used our bathroom. I walked in as she was pulling out 20 squares of toilet paper. I told her that she has a little bum and only needed a little bit of toilet paper and pulled off a couple squares for her. She finishes up and then hands me the rest of the 16 or so squares and tells me "mom big bum lots of toilet paper." At least we know she is observant!
We got ready for bed and we watched Barbie Mermaid movie (no they will not be sick of it by the time you get home) while they drew on their new drawing pads. I read that ABC book and Chicka Chicka Boom Boom book, we sang songs, and said prayers. After I helped them with their prayers Kirsten said "Mom's turn to say your prayer." It was so sweet. They each asked for 3 kisses, a big kiss, little kiss and a Mom kiss...whatever that means :)
It's hot here. Our AC seems to be running nonstop. How is the weather there? Is it nice to be in winter for a few weeks. You are super lucky your two weeks away happens to land during the longest days of the year. I am so ready for it to start getting dark earlier or the sun to stop rising so dang early! This pregnant momma needs more sleep. I hope you are taking it easy and lying on your bed letting your foot heal.
Love you. I'll call you when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment