Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Everything you want to know about pregnancy #3

We are super thrilled to be adding to our family in December. After having Kirsten and Audrey so close together (18 months) I knew I wanted a nice long break between Audrey and our next baby. I planned to not even try to get pregnant until Audrey's third birthday. Imagine my surprise when I started to get baby hungry shortly after Audrey turned one. I knew it would still be a while but at least the idea was starting to grow on me. Last fall after I heard the general conference talk by Neil L. Anderson Children, I just KNEW it was time to start trying for another baby. I immediately found an ob and made an appointment so we could start trying.
For some reason I figured we would get pregnant immediately (even though it took a year to get pregnant with Kirst and a couple months with Audrey).  I wish I would have listened the the prompting I had that we would get pregnant in March, but I didn't. I was just so immediately ready to be pregnant. I made myself unnecessarily miserable every month wondering if I would "ever get pregnant!" Oh the drama. I took 15 negative pregnancy test (and one false positive, boo!) before I got my positive!
Friday April 13th was our lucky day! I had felt nauseous to the point of unbearable the day before and was six weeks late (I had tested at four weeks and it was negative). That morning I took the test and quickly turned it upside down on the floor without looking at it (I really didn't want to be disappointed again) I waited a few minutes and then checked the test. I know the suspense is intense but I was shocked! and so happy! thrilled! Positive! We are Pregnant!!!! Audrey was sitting in the bathtub, I turned to her and said "Audrey we are going to have a baby!" She smiled really big and asked "Can Audrey come with Mommy and Daddy to get the baby?" It made me smile so big. I was jumping up and down grinning like  fool. I told Kirsten and she said "Kirsten no want baby, Kirsten big girl!" I'm not sure she understands it yet, but she'll get it soon enough. Kirk was in California that day and was planning to come home that night. The girls and I spent the day trying to figure out how to spill the good news to our Daddy of 3! He arrived home around 6:30. I had him convinced to go out for dinner and we would just meet him there. But our car "got a flat tire." So he came home to pick us up. We greeted him at the door with a hug and a kiss. Then I put his hand on my stomach and said "we did it!" It took him a minute but when he realized what I was saying he grinned from ear to ear and gave me one long hard kiss. When he went to sweep me into a huge hug he knocked Audrey over...and that's the third kid for you, can't even have a proper celebration dedicated just to him/her. When we brought Kirk into the house I had dinner waiting for him, chicken enchiladas, sparkling cider, and chocolate chip cookies. The girls and I had pink and blue balloons all around that said "We Are Having a Baby!" We were all so ecstatic all night. It was a wonderful night.
She carried this doll around all day. She never plays with dolls so this was really a special thing.
Going to be a BIG SISTER!
So happy!
Ecstatic Pregnant Momma!
I can't get enough of this happy face!
All day Audrey kept pointing to "baby boy" in our house (she was pointing into the air like perhaps she saw something we didn't?) and then at the end of the day she looked out the window and said "baby boy gone!" If we do end up having a baby boy I won't doubt she saw him. Another cool experience I had with this baby happened in March. So many of my friends and acquaintances are pregnant or having babies so my baby hunger was at dangerously high levels. For 10 days straight I had learned that either a friend or acquaintance were pregnant each day for 10 consecutive days. I was just so ready for it to be my turn. Well in March I was holding a friends brand new (only a couple days old) baby and as I was holding her she looked right about my head and just seemed to stare at something. And I just had a very distinct feeling that she was looking right at my baby and that I was pregnant (and I WAS!).
I feel like we are having a boy. It's just what my gut tells me and I am 2 for 2 so far. Although we would be thrilled to add another girl to our family. We happen to know how to handle girls really well :) Actually having a little boy terrifies me a little because of the uncharted territory and I'm not sure I will be able to keep up with a boy. I haven't done any ring tests, baking soda test, or anything like that although I think it would be fun to guess. I think I'm just pretty darn convinced it's a boy. We like the name Monson for a boy and either Claire or Adalyn for a girl, but we are not completely sold on any of the names yet.
I have felt pretty great this pregnancy. I was quite nauesau for the couple days before I found out I was pregnant and a few days after but then nothing. Not even a queasy stomach at the sight of raw meat. I have however been SO exhausted. Way more exhausted then I ever was with either of my girls. Exhausted like I didn't know existed. Exhausted like I fall asleep at 8 pm just at the sight of my bed. I felt like I am not as emotional as I was with my girls. It had been weeks and weeks since I cried. But since last week I have become an irrational emotional pregnant women. Last night I cried at the sight of Kirk's set of keys...yes it's that bad. I will be 14 weeks tomorrow and finally in the second trimester. I am still exhausted just not quite as bad and I have now gone 3 nights in a row without getting up to use the bathroom!
We announced to our families on mothers day with this same picture. We sent a package to our moms with that picture on the bottom of the box. Unfortunately they didn't get the packages in time and we ended up showing them the picture over skype/factime. They were both ecstatic and Karen requested that "I want this gift every year for mothers day", ha ha not likely. I announced of facebook by saying "Not only will we need another cute penguin stocking, but Santa is going to have to load his sleigh full of diapers and wipes because baby #3 will be here by Christmas!"
My doctor is Dr Pollock. He has been the ob for about 5 other women in our ward. I had heard good things about him and liked how close he was. He is really nice and I've really liked him so far. He went out of his way to call our insurance and giving us a dating ultrasound at our first appt because I told him we had family pictures that night. I had some spotting early on and just wanted to make sure the baby was doing ok. My date was about 10 days off and was moved from December 4th to the 13th. I will have a scheduled c-section on December 6th, happy birthday baby! It was so fun to see the little heart beating and see our baby alive and doing well. I had another appointment at 12 weeks and was able to hear the heartbeat again with a doppler. The doctor said the baby was VERY active and could hardly keep the heartbeat on the doppler because the baby was moving around so much. Heartbeat was 160 for 12 weeks. We won't find out what we are having until around 20 weeks at the end of July, only about 6 weeks!
We are so excited to have another baby. Audrey claims there is a girl baby in her tummy and a boy baby in my tummy. If you ask her where the baby is she will run and look straight down my shirt (awesome). Kirsten is still totally uninterested in the whole idea but I know she will come around. Kirk is hoping for a son but promises me he won't be disappointed if it's a girl.
And now a few "I must be pregnant" pictures.
pregnant parking
 The "just to be sure" test I took before going to the doctor
7weeks 6 days

2 comments:

  1. Yay!Sometimes I forget that you are pregnant because you aren't nearly as emotional as you were with Kirst and Audrey. :) ha ha I am so, so excited for this new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i'm excited for you! i hope it's a boy, but of course you do make pretty darn cute little girls. i was so stinking tired with stetson i couldn't function. jane told me to take B12 and it helped. i know you can also get an injection of it that is really supposed to help. and i drank protein shakes. that seemed to help too. at least you're not too sick! yay!!!

    ReplyDelete