Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Our Wednesday

Dear Kirk
Sorry for the emotional train wreck I was today. Obviously I need more sleep. Thanks for being patient with me and loving me anyway.
The girls and I did end up having a good day despite the bad mood I started with. We had a nice lazy morning the girls played and I finished my "pregnancy" blog post. We didn't even go downstairs until 9! You can imagine the hungry bears we were by that time. We had  quick breakfast, I worked on dishes, and then we got ready to go swimming. We met Sarah there and she did swimming lessons with each of our kids. She did her two boys first and then Audrey and Kirsten. Audrey was excited at first until Sarah had her swim and hold on to the edge of the pool. Audrey was actually really good at it but was miserable the entire time. She screamed "I want my mommy!" the entire time at the top of her lungs. But by the end of it she was swimming 3 feet on her own and grabbing onto the edge of the pool and pulling herself up. Super impressive. Sarah then worked with Kirsten who hated putting any part of her head in the water. She cried and yelled for me. I've never heard her want me so desperately in her life. But she did it. She went completely under holding her breath and also worked on floating on her back. When Sarah would have her swim and grab onto the edge she would pull herself up and out of the pool to run over to me. After a few more swim lessons like these the girls will be much more comfortable in the water if they happen to fall into the pool. Each of the girls cuddled in my lap for 15 minutes after their swim lessons. Kirsten didn't necessarily want to get back in the pool and spent the rest of the time laying on a towel on the side of the pool. Audrey however was super proud of herself and didn't hesitate to get back into the water. I kept telling the girls that they were "learning to swim just like Daddy"! And that "Daddy was going to be so excited to see them swim all by themselves when he gets home."
Picture Audrey insisted on taking of her toys at the pool, just for you!
 The kids were in great moods after the pool and we went and played on the playground for awhile. The girls were so happy and played really well together. It was a perfect afternoon!
We came home and while I was making lunch the girls decided to put together their own tea party. It was adorable and they loaded up on grapes, blueberries, and coco. They didn't even touch their pasta...go figure. They were seriously playing so well together.
Silly faces!
We came upstairs and Audrey took a nap. Kirsten and I read books and made "cupcakes" on the ipad. After talking to you I cleaned up and the girls colored dozens of pictures of mermaids. We had nutella and bread for dinner (I seriously am not cooking without you). I cleaned the kitchen while the girls played in the playroom (owls, princesses, mermaids...you know the little voices they were using). We played Don't Spill the Beans then we had scripture study (where I spent most the time begging the girls to wait until after to play doggies). I played I Am A Child of God on the piano and had the girls sing with me. They both sang the whole song and it was so fun! They convinced me to watch Curious George instead of reading a book and now they are sound asleep.
Our Wednesday turned out pretty good too! I love you. Take good care of that foot for me please. But I promise I won't nag you about it anymore.
Love you to Singapore and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment