Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kirsten Sue

I have written a couple letters from Audrey's perspective of life. Audrey is so opinionated and spunky it's easy for me to know exactly what she is thinking (it helps that we are the tiniest bit alike, ok ok we are completely alike except she has Kirk's head shape). But my sweet Kirsten. If I wrote a letter of her perspective on life it would go something like this.
Hi
I Kirsten. Kirsten happy. Kirsten love Daddy. Daddy tickle Kirsten and it fun. Audrey silly and we fun play park. Kirsten kiss Mommy and help. Kirsten love Ariel, swimming, park, iPad, and fun.
Miss you.
Love you.
See even writing that has me all choked up because she is such a sweet heart. For example she keeps tabs on Audrey all day. If Audrey cries she either tries to solve Audrey's problem or she finds me to make sure I am caring for Audrey. The other day Kirsten was playing in the playroom and I went in Audryes room to change her diaper. She had pooped and it was a mess and naturally she was screaming that her life was ending. I could hear Kirsten searching the house trying to find me to come care for Audrey. She was so relived when she realized I already was. She is always trying to include Audrey in everything she does, whether Audrey wants to or not. For example yesterday she was running up and down our yard holding Audrey's hand so that Audrey would do it with her.
Her language has been developing like crazy. She talks all the time. I finally have my little chatter box. She points to everything "look" and then tells me all about it. She loves the letter R and is sure to point it out whenever she see's it. If you ask her why she likes R so much she will say "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR" just like a pirate with a huge grin on her face. You should see her when she says movie credits it goes something like this "R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R R, etc", too cute! She says "thank you much" every time she is grateful. And responds to almost everything with an enthusiastic "OKAY!" It makes me smile every time!
She has started saying her prayers on her own. She is so soft and sweet they sound something like this (in a whisper) "Heavenly Father, Thank you much day" soft mumbles "Daddy, Mommy, Audrey" more soft mumbles for a couple minutes "Jesus Amen!" It is so sweet, Kirk and I have a hard time not grinning at each other the entire time.
She likes to watch Felix the Cat, Tom and Jerry, Pink Panther, and Donald Duck. I love that she is totally into the old cartoons. She loves to dress up and usually changes her outfits about 7 times a day. There is almost always the clicking of her plastic high heels in our house.
She is 100% potty trained. How did we finally do it? We took away pull ups as an option and told her she had to wear panties. If she made a mess then she would be the one that cleaned it up. She maybe had 5 more accidents, only 2 at night. It always surprises Kirk and I a little bit to hear the sound of a toilet flushing in the middle of the night. She seems so much more grown up now that she is potty trained. Slightly breaks my heart. (Ok truth be told every time she had an accident in addition to her cleaning it up herself I also turned on the water works and would (fake) cry to show her how sad I was that she wasn't using the toilet. She seriously decided to use the toilet to make me happy. And now every time she uses the bathroom she says "Kirsten potty toilet, mommy happy?" Bad parenting? maybe. Prove how sweet and quick to please she is? Yes.)
I can't say enough good about our sweet Kirsten. She is simply one of my very favorite people ever and I am so lucky to be her mother.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my heck this made me tear up! I don't know if it is because I miss her or if she is just so sweet it gets to me or what (or the fact that it's past 9) but I am so glad I get to see her in 2!!!! days!!!!! I cannot wait. She really is the sweetest little girl I know. And she is getting SO big I can't even believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dynelle, this melted my heart!

    ReplyDelete