Saturday, July 30, 2011

London Temple Adventure!!!

This was my quest today.  Make it to the temple.  My hopes was to see London at the same time....

View Larger Map

My first disapointment was the second half of this map.  The trip down to the temple was to take 2 hrs and 14 minutes.  With 45 minutes of that as a walk from the Gatwick airport.  I decided i could probably catch a cab to save me time but was definately no looking forward to the long trip down there on a city bus.

 Trying to get the Courage to ford the busses, i decided there were so many stories of the saints who spend days on end to get to the Temple. I figured i could try to fit their story.  I set out about 9:30 this morning to the bus stop.   Of course within minutes of getting on the freeway, TRAFFIC.  And the trip to the temple took almost 2 hrs instead of the 1 hr to the Gatwick airport.


 I then caught a cab and cruized over to the temple as quickly as I could.  The Cabbie and i talked about religion.  He was very courious what made the Mormon Church different from the rest of the Christian Church.  I told him it was similar to his story of Mohammad came to reform the Muslim church, Joseph Smith was a Prophet sent to restore the church again.  He gave me some good insights as well into the Muslim beliefs, definetly facsinating!!!  I hurried into the temple, stubling the whole way it seemed.  I went the complete wrong direct more than one time in the temple and was told to go back exactly how I came and Pick the opposite door than i happened to pick :(.   I'm not good and 50-50 options i guess.

 Oh, but when i got outside to look at the temple and enjoy the grounds.....WOW, it was beautifl.  I don't think these pictures do it justice either.  Not only was the building amazing, but the grounds were HUGE!!!  I don't think i saw the other end to the property, i just looked at the winding path disapear off into the wooded horizon.

 Instead i focused my eyes on the beautiful scenery that was around.  If you open the bottom left picture you can see swans sleeping under the red flowers... There were building on the north side of the temple that seemed to house the saints in the old days.  I couldn't find anyone to give me the history so i'm completely guessing :)

 And then as the time came near to go catch my scheduled Cab ride back to the airport i sat in the lounge for  a few minutes before i decided i had been sitting way too long today and went outside to look at more flowers.  These flowers (i have no idea what they are called) had an amazing feel to them.  The pink ones felt almost like silk, the red ones felt more like a velvet.  and there were orange ones that felt like both...  Don't worry Dynelle, i put some in some paper to bring home to you.  Like you would see in those old movies.  Hopefully it does the texture justice...


 This was just some beautiful schenes as i continues to wait for my late cab driver...

  I eventually wandered and found this beautiful painting, i hadn't seen this picture before so i decided to capture it.  I really liked it!  I then found their vending machine and was tramatized by the fact that i did not have 85p to buy the Dandelion & Burdock soda they had listed.  That just had to be good.  I remember eating dandelions as a Kid!!!

Notice as i was trying to be excited i could ride the buss again, i somehow managed to muster up the energy to climb on the bus, get out of the bus stop and sleep until i made it back to the Central Bus Station to transfer and come back to the Marriott, Where i still miss my wife and children.

But all in all.  This was a good trip.  Even though it took me about 10 hrs total to get there and back, it was worth it because i found my ticket to $1 Million.  I decided i was going to create a one handed keyboard :).

But then i found this http://half-qwerty.com/demo/..... Luckily i know why his fails and mine will succeed!!!

Dynelle, I LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment