Thursday, July 28, 2011

Day 5 in Vernal

Dear Internet
Sorry if you find Kirk and my daily post cheesy/lame. I just find his posts delightful and charming that I can't wait to read each one! I promise we will spare you our cheesiness once we return to Vegas.  ;)

Dear Kirk
It was wonderful to be on the phone with you for an hour this morning. I know neither of us had much to say but it was wonderful knowing you were there and I could say anything to you if I wanted.
Last night was wonderful for me. I left the girls with Camille around 6:00. Audrey was determined not to let me out of the door without her but Camille sure is good at knowing how to distract our baby! The Vernal Marriott was very chic and modern. I had no problems checking in. The hotel was full so I wasn't able to upgrade to a king. I picked up my free dinner from cafe rio and settled in for a nice evening of quiet. I watched HGTV for the first time and now understand why people fall in love with it. Good thing we don't have cable or I would be hooked. I thought I might make a drive up the mountains or do a lot of soul searching during my evening alone. But instead I just enjoyed not having to meet anyones demands. And I slept clear until 8:30! It's some sort of mothers record for me. It was a wonderful evening and morning and I enjoyed myself completely. Thank  you for getting me the room.
I picked up Arby's for lunch and drove to the city park to eat it, just like we did when we were dating. I ordered the rueben sandwich because I was thinking of you. The park isn't as fun to eat at without you and I could only eat part of the sandwich, I guess it only tastes good when I share it with you. There was and elderly couple eating their lunch at the park. It was so fun to watch them and imagine what they have gone through together. Then I decided you and I will be eating lunch at the Vernal park when we are old just like we did the first summer we dated. We will look back at the time when I had to eat at the park alone while you were working out of the country and be glad it is over with!
I made it back to Camille's to hug and kiss our sweet girls. Kirsten was asleep but Audrey was happy and even gave me a kiss of her own free will and choice. Camille, Audrey, and I went to "the Vernal Tai Pan" to look at home decor. It was so much fun, I found about $150 worth of stuff I wanted to buy. You will be proud of me  because I didn't buy anything. Camille wanted me to buy the sign that said "I'm not bossy my ideas are just better" but we just don't have any wall space left in our house, ha ha.
We went to the park this evening. Audrey had a blast with Allie. They held hands everywhere they went. It was the cutest to see them dancing together in the gazebo. Kirsten insisted on wearing her Aurora dress. She was walking daintily from one thing to another, it was pretty funny. She has a fever tonight so I hope she doesn't end up sick. We have big plans for the tea party at my moms house tomorrow, everyone is very excited!
I love you darling. I hope you have a spectacular day!
Dynelle
Audrey was told she couldn't swim in the pool, so her and Abby were content standing in it.
Allie (there isn't much more one can say)
Smiling for her daddy
Audrey held onto Eliza very tightly all the way to the playground
How many girls does it take to hold one baby?
She loves Allie's princess wardrobe, here is her smiling wearing the Aurora dress
Audrey and Eliza swinging together
Our Cinderella girls
She was very excited to find the Ariel doll.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Dynelle,

    This blog and the love shown is what makes the world go around. Do not appologize!

    Sincerely,

    The Internet

    ReplyDelete