Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Twenty-Seven

 
Yesterday I turned 27!
When I was a teenager I decided I was going to be happy with every birthday I had because that meant I survived another year of life. 
I have officially survived 27 years, and for the record I feel very accomplished!
Saturday my awesome cousin Holli came and watched our girls so Kirk and I could go to the movie (she lives about an hour away so it was super awesome of her). We went and saw 17 miracles. We both really liked it a lot. It is the story of 17 of the miracles the Martin and Willie handcart companies witness. I highly recommend it!
My birthday was full of phone calls and happy birthday wishes from friends and family. There is nothing like a birthday to make you feel loved! 
Kirk took me out to lunch at Mimi's Cafe. The girls were well behaved and the food was scrumptious. In the afternoon I met up with some neighbors who treated me to frozen yogurt.
That evening a couple of my friends put on a bbq to celebrate. Good food and friends, nothing beats it! Plus a homemade strawberry shortcake complete with a firecracker on top, what more could a girl want?!
I feel completely blessed and so loved. 
Thank you to everyone who made my day extraordinary.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Dynelle (a day late)! I wish I could claim credit as being one of your friends who called you yesterday. Enjoy Bear Lake and especially being with family and close friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had a great birthday and lots of people told you happy birthday! Obviously you have lots of people that love you!

    ReplyDelete