Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy 60th Aunt Colleen!

Over the weekend my Aunt Colleen (my Dad's oldest sister) turned 60! Her daughters threw a surprise party for her in St George on Saturday. Her granddaughter, Mandi, also turned 3 on the same day so it was a joint party. What's not to love about a Hawaiian/princess party! Colleen was shocked to say the least. She is such an amazing woman, it's impossible not to love her! There were lots of people there to celebrate with her. My cousin had these cute cakes made and they were yummy!They had Polynesian dancers came which was a lot of fun to watch. My brother Josh came down and was a ton of fun to hang out with (even if he did mention his trip to Hawaii about 7 billion times :) ).
Colleen is one of my favorite people ever. When we lived in St George she was beyond good to us. She would come by every Monday afternoon and bring Kirsten a little snack and spend a few minutes visiting with me. She celebrated my Grandma's birthday with me by taking me to lunch at Frost Top and then we visited my Grandma's grave. She babysat our girls for us after we lost our job so we could go out and have a little de-stressing time. She was the one I called to come see the house we were buying. The day we moved in she brought over a frozen lasagna, bread, salad, and dessert.  She was so kind to us and I'm so grateful to call her family!
 
 
Afterwards a bunch of the cool people went to dinner. Josh got a hotel so we enjoyed swimming with him. The girls loved that he got them "coco" and let them drink it in his bed.

1 comment:

  1. ah I am so sad I couldn't be there. It looks like you guys had a blast! Aunt Colleen is really amazing I'm glad she had a fabulous party. Also, uh who is that huge girl that looks like Kirst?????

    ReplyDelete