Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 2

Dear Kirk
I love your blog post. I love seeing where you are during the day (and your healthy lunch). I can't wait to see more pictures of London. Perhaps you will include a picture of your handsome face tomorrow?
I desperately missed you today. Audrey slept good all night but woke up  at 6:15 screaming. Screaming the way only Audrey can. She refused to stop. After fruitless attempts to quiet her, I did all the sleeping people in a one mile radius a favor and took Audrey to the car where her scream could be contained. There was no choice, it simply was going to be a long day.
Garrett made us pancakes for breakfast. Kirsten ate 4! I'm impressed with our little sweetheart. Audrey ate 2, who knows maybe I was starving our children?
Because of Audrey's delightful mood we ditched out on plans to attend the Logan pioneer parade with the Hunting's, lunch with Brett and Jess, and the kids carnival with Chelsey. We made quick stops to say good bye to everyone and were out of town by 11.
Audrey was asleep 10 minutes later. Abigail and I were thrilled. Oh by the way Abigail=awesome. I wish we could keep her. She was so great to entertain and help the girls.  It was so fun listening to her sweet little personality, she reminds me so much of the way I perceived the world at her age.
We had lunch at Wendy's in Heber. I finally got that Jr bacon cheeseburger I was craving. Aren't the girls cute! Audrey and Kirsten ate a few fries each and than they each downed a kid size frosty, go figure.
By the time we reached Strawberry Audrey was restless and I was overwhelmed with the beauty that Utah has to offer. The mountains covered in pines, green meadows, and the wild flowers growing spontaneously were too much. We had to stop and pick some flowers. 
Audrey didn't want to get back in the car and screamed for the next hour. I finally gave Abby the markers and coloring book with strict orders to not let the girls color on the car. About 15 minutes later Abby said "umm Dynelle what if Audrey colors on herself" I said that was fine because it was much better than listening to Audrey scream to which Abby replied "I agree!" Traveling with Audrey is one of my biggest trials in life, of that I am sure!
I knew we were close to Vernal when I found myself following a Howcroft Field Service truck. We made it to Vernal just in time to go to Brixton's 6th birthday party. And party it was! They rented a huge blow up water slide. Kirsten was so excited to go on it until she climbed to the top, she was up there for 20 minutes before she finally decided to go down with Ben. She was terrified but for some reason decided to go again. Second time a couple older girls decided to give her a push down the slide and she refused to try again. Either way she is braver than I am, I sure didn't try! I was able to visit with your parents and Jody for a few minutes. They all asked about you and Jody was surprised to hear you were in London. I think it makes you sound sophisticated and handsome.
We finally made it to the Coopers around 8:00. The girls are more than thrilled to be here. I think it will be the perfect vacation to be hear for 2 weeks. Camille even put together their toddler bed for Audrey. I'm not sure who was happier about the girls falling asleep in their individual beds, them or me. It's great to be somewhere that feels like home.
I miss you something fierce but am happy to report that I get to kiss your handsome face in 12 days.
I love you
Dynelle

No comments:

Post a Comment