Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 1

We just had the most fabulous four days at Bear Lake with my family. Super fabulous. But now Kirk is in England and the girls and I are Utah. Kirk is in London without the ability to make international calls. So for the next 13 days I will be updating our blog about our day so Kirk doesn't miss a thing.

Dear Kirk
We miss you babe. The girls keep mentioning "Daddy airplane work." I miss having you on my side. Giving you my opinion and having your agree with my completely. 13 more days.
We woke up about 6:15 this morning. Audrey was in bed with me because she couldn't help but wander around the tent in her sleep. By 5 am she was freezing and willingly climbed into bed with me. I love when our little baby cuddles with us. Kirsten woke up bummed that you hadn't shown up during the night. I dressed the girls and put them in the car with a movie and started packing everything up. I was really proud of how easily I fit everything into the trunk when it was difficult for you, until I realized your suitcase wasn't there to pack. No wonder it was easier for me ;) My mom and Kristy were awesome to help take care of the girls and get me packed quickly. Chelsey and Cody even took my tent down for me. Isn't my family fabulous?!
We went to the church here at Bear Lake. It was unlike any church meeting I've been to. We pulled up and the streets were lined with cars, the parking lot full. We went in and found the only available area to attend sacrament meeting, in the primary room! We watched sacrament meeting on a tv broadcast because there were so many visitors. The local ward had canceled the second and third block just to accommodate the visitors. Audrey was a bear of course. But she did get down and kneel during the prayers, it was so sweet and pure. Best of all she fell asleep on the way back to camp!
The family sat around and enjoyed being together the last few minutes before the vacation ended. The grand kids played uno for hours, it was heaven. My mom bought those balsamic vinaigrette chips you wanted to try. I tried them for you and it's true, you will love them.
The girls and I decided to stay the night in Logan tonight. Abigail came to Logan with us to help with the girls, isn't that sweet. She has been a huge help. She said her mom told her "don't help too much" but Abigail told me "I'm going to trick my mom and help too much", love that girl. We are staying with Garrett and Emily. They have been really great to us. We went over to the church next door and let the girls play on the grass by the pavilion. They had so much fun running, playing with a lady bug, rolling/running down the hill. Audrey isn't such a fan of rolling down the hill and prefers scooting on her rear end. Cody and Chelsey and Brett and Jess came over. I really love hanging out with all of them. But I miss you terribly and hate being the only one without a spouse.
The girls begged for bed and were fast asleep minutes after we turned out the light. I miss you. I love you. Good luck training tomorrow. I am confident you'll do great.
Love,
Dynelle

1 comment:

  1. You guys are so cute :) I bet you miss each other terribly and this is a good idea to keep in touch and also let us know what you are doing on your vacation and Kirk's exciting trip to London!

    ReplyDelete