Monday, August 22, 2011

Wonderful weekend at home

We had a nice relaxing weekend at home. We ordered pizza and planned to go "camping" in the backyard, but it never really cooled down below 90 before the girls were in bed so we postponed it for a couple of months. Instead we put the girls to bed early and turned to netflix for a movie. Since I recently endured sitting through the whole Lord of the Rings Trilogy it was Kirk's turn to endure a chick flick. He liked "You Again" even less than I thought he would. We tried again with "The Little Black Book", but apparently any movie I choose simply has too much drama. What good is a chick flick without drama? :)
I had to wake up early Saturday to register Kirsten for a dance class and a gymnastics class at the community center for this fall. Waking up at 7 am on a Saturday was totally worth it because we are in! I'm SO excited!
We spent Saturday grocery shopping, napping, going to the gym, and (thanks to pinterest) painting our laundry room.  I love the yellow horizontal stripes, I think our laundry room is now the cutest room in the house. We still need to do touch ups and put of some shelves, so I will post more pictures soon.
We decided to be more consistent with Audrey's potty training and she's doing great. She loves having her own potty chair. I think when we get back from Utah we will finally stick her in underwear for good then we can finally be diaper free, WAHOO!
Sunday we had Kirk's boss's family over for dinner. It was slightly more awkward than we thought it would be. Having a boss over isn't the same as having friends. Being appropriate is at another level. Either way we had good food and isn't that what really matters?
Now we are back to laundry and working, but only four more days until the next weekend :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the yellow! So cute! And I am super excited for Kirst to take those fun classes. I'm jealous! Sounds like a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete