Friday, August 5, 2011

Farewell London, HELLO Beautiful Dynelle!!!

Although it has been a fun trip to London, full of adventures and dinners.  I am glad that i have already checked into my flight and am headed home.  When i checked in, i realized i'm one of THOSE travelers that the airline upgrades their seat because they fly enough that the airline cares.... Not sure i'm happy about that!  

Now on the other side, it has been a really hard training class.  Not the students mind you, but the students are expected to go out into the various parts of the world that they represented and be able to pitch the software that i just taught.  The problem is I only had 2 weeks to teach them a product that takes at least 1 year to master.  I just keep hoping it's enough (for their sakes)

Also, I am pretty sure i'm going to take a try at another blog, for myself.  I discovered i have a nack...  It does in fact have to do with dinners.  And i thouroughly enjoy doing it.

If you have already heard the story i'm sorry.  It all started when i was on a trip in Canada.  I went out for dinner like normal.  Dressed in my work clothes (business casual).  I of course asked to be seated away from the bar, and was very quick to order the chef's special.  Within minutes the entire atmosphere of the resaurant shifted gears.  I got a new waitress, instead of a waitor that took my drink????  Within 10 minutes (really good timing for how busy the place wasy) i had the chef himself bring my plate.  I could consider myself to have had 3 waitresses because they would all check on my meal every time they passed by.  And about 15 minutes into my meal, the head waitress (i could tell because she had the head-phone w/ speaker jack on, and she was in a huge hurry)  but she stopped and made sure everything was up to par.

In that moment I realized I was meant to be a Food Critique!!!!   Because it's fun!!!!

Since then i have convinced the Cheesecake Factory in Chicago, and as of tonight the Urban Zing (Indian Restaurant)!

Both meals were very good.  Although the Salmon Tikka was ABSOLUTELY MARVELOUS!!!  they Kabbab Shrimp, chicken, and various parts of a lamb. They also had a garlic flan, where it was real minced garlic.  My mouth is still burning from that!!!  The Shrimp was cooked really well but the lamb was a little overdone.  And the chicken, thogh dry had an amazing flavor.  So i would have to come back to the Salmon as well as the Crystal Glass Cup of coke and the salmon that made the dinner worth the time!  Attached are some pictures!



The presentation was done really well, not the difference of the look of the food between this one and the indian restaurant the other night.  Colors just worked here, and the food looked good, which is always a plus!


 I do have to note that before and after dinner there were some fun sculptures to see around the shopping area that i wandered through.  

Especially the waterway.  Doesn't that look like a freakin awesome hotel to stay at????

And a Beautiful sunset, to remind me tomorrow i see my BEAUTIFUL GIRLS!

Goodbye London, 'til next time

1 comment:

  1. Kirk, you crack me up. I think you really were meant to be a food critic and you missed your calling in life!

    ReplyDelete