Thursday, December 15, 2011

No Christmas spirit today

Today has just been one of those days.
The kind where your kids wake up at 5 and your spouse isn't their to nudge since you were up late watching biggest loser.
The kind where your two year old has a full on, up her back newborn type blow out.
The kind where the back pain you have, that was getting better, is suddenly much worse again.
The kind where you finally get the second child asleep and five minutes later the first child wakes up leaving no down time for momma who woke up 5 too.
The kind where you realize that you've gone through an entire bag of frosted flakes in four days and its time to feed the kiddos some different food.

So I told the girls to go put on their favorite princess dresses and we went to McDonalds for dinner. The girls were so excited, Kirsten was even careful to hold Audrey's hand walking into the restaurant without being asked. The girls danced happily in the lobby as we waited for their food. They ate their chicken nuggets and parfait without complaint. They played happily together. When I went to get Audrey she was surrounded by 6 year old girls who were adoring her. Kirsten loudly shared (and made me repeat) every detail about what was going on in her bathroom stall while the lady in the stall next to her chatted away on her cell phone in korean, ha ha. We were having a wonderful time!
But have you ever had one of those days when your two year old pees her pants at McDonalds and then your three year old puts up a big fight about having to leave early?

Ya me too

3 comments:

  1. bah hum bug! Looks like it was an awful day. I'm sorry! I hope that it just gets better! Especially because soon I get to see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Dynelle for doing what you could to make it a better day, thank goodness for McDonalds and princess dresses haha! Sorry you had a rough day though, not fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. McDonald's is always good to help a bad day go a little better. And even when I have a kid awake, I still nap. I'm probably a bad mom, but I'll turn on a movie and let the kids watch themselves for a little bit so I can rest up and have some sanity!

    ReplyDelete