Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December Sixth

Today was a sick day at our house. Kirsten had an upset stomach and Audrey has a nasty cold. We stayed in our pajamas all day and read books, played with blocks, took nice warm baths and slept right through dance class. It was the perfect cold day to stay inside and snuggle with my girls.
Tonight after we cleaned up dinner we sent the girls on a scavenger hunt for the cartoon Grinch who Stole Christmas. The girls hadn't ever done a scavenger hunt before but they caught on very quickly and raced from room to room gathering clues. They ran up and down the stairs from beds to toilets to the Christmas tree etc. Kirsten was a perfectionist about getting all the tape from the clue off while Audrey would just grab whatever came off when she ripped it, ha ha. At the end of the treasure hunt they found the movie. They were super excited. Kirk blew up the air mattress, I made muddy buddies, and we all put our (clean) pjs on for our slumber party. The movie of course was fun and the girls kept saying the grinch was grumpy, fun times. I think we need to do more scavenger hunts :)
This evening Kirk and I watched It's a Wonderful Life snuggled up on the air mattress. It's my favorite Christmas movie and always makes me so grateful for the life I am so blessed with.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word. We need to come move in with you guys! That sounds like so much fun! I bet they loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay the air mattress is a genius idea. We did the same thing with the same movie the other night but we were all on the floor and it was not so comfy.

    And I love the shelves in your laundry room. NICE!

    You guys are so fun!
    I hope your girls are feeling better, we are sick over here too. You should have come over and had a pajama party with us.

    ReplyDelete