Friday, December 2, 2011

December first

When Kirsten got off the bus from school she found the Elf on the Shelf book set had been delivered to our door. Apparently our elf finally arrived! The girls brought the book inside and I read it to them while they checked out their new elf. They were pretty disappointed about not being able to touch him but fascinated at having an elf in our house (although I'm pretty sure they had never heard of an elf before). I tried to explain the whole be good because an elf is watching, but I'm pretty sure it went over their heads. But I'm confident they will catch on quickly. I tried to help them name our elf but the name they came up with was Dora...not a name for an elf to stick with for life. So we will try the name game again next year :)
Last night we also painted ornaments, which they loved and also bought me 20 minutes of silence, it was a Christmas miracle ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. I hope they don't cry every time you tell them that the elf is watching them. Ha ha poor Alyviah. It looks way fun I love the whole idea of elf on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete