Friday, December 3, 2010

sleeping beauties

One of my very favorite parts of the day is checking on my sleeping girls right before Kirk and I go to sleep.  I love to see them so peaceful after playing hard all day. And it's so fun to see what position they are in or the funny things they do in there sleep.
For example Kirsten actually plays with her princess dolls in her sleep. Complete with moving them in her hands and having them talk to each other. It's true she is very much a sleep talker and usually she is discliping her pricess dolls "no no Ariel be nice"
Kirsten goes to bed each night around 8:00. Kirk puts her to bed 9.8 times out of 10. They have a blast every night. He tries to read her only 3 books but I'm pretty sure the average is more like 7 a night. He crawls into her little toddler bed to read them to her and then they sing twinkle twinkle little star and primary songs every night.
Audrey sleeps with these two monkeys every night. We bought them for the girls while on our anniversary. Kirsten didn't want a thing to do with them and Audrey quickly claimed them both as her own. She goes to sleep with them each night, one tucked under each arm. So goes to bed between 6-7 each night. She isn't very patient when it comes to singing or reading before bed and would just rather get to sleep. She fake cries as we put her in her crib each night (no matter how tired she is) but almost never cries after we leave the room and shut the door.
 And this is my favorite picture. Kirsten insisted on reading her Clifford book to her doggie and fell asleep while doing so.

2 comments:

  1. OH MY HECK! most adorable blog ever! first of all, I miss pretending to fall asleep due to not wanting to read 1 million books to Kirsten and having her fall asleep in my arms :) I love that Kirsten plays in her sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post melted my heart. I want to come put your kids to bed! And that is saying something because I have four of my own kids to put to bed every night.

    ReplyDelete