Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Timothy
My first baby boy. I am so excited for you to join our family. I can't believe we get to meet you in a few hours. I'm so anxious and ready to hold your healthy little body in my arms. My sigh of relief will be huge when I hear you cry for the first time. I can't wait to cuddle you on my chest and know that you are my son forever. I love you so much already! Your Dad and I like to dream about you as we go to sleep at night. We talk about what we think you are going to be like and how much like your sisters you will be. One thing we both agree on is that you are strong. We both feel that you have a quiet strength about you that will carry you far in life. That's not to say you won't put bugs in the freezer, smear muddy handprints on my clean bed, or climb on the kitchen table like Tarzan, but I wouldn't really expect anything less from my Howcroft boy!
I think you'll be bigger than your sisters were. I'm guessing 8lbs 10 oz, but then I think you could also be smaller and only 7lbs or so and then I decide I don't care how big you are I just want you in my arms so I can whisper to you how much I love you. I've been singing "You Are My Sunshine" to your sisters lately and they now sing it with me before bed. It makes my heart melt to hear their little voices sing such a lovely song. I am fully confident your "three mothers" will serenade you with the song often.
Your Dad is ecstatic to have a boy. He is the last of his brothers to have a boy, you couldn't have come at a better time. He has great plans of you being rambunctious and getting into all sorts of trouble with him (perhaps he is just looking forward to be a little boy again). But mostly he is excited to teach you to become a better man than him. A man with a bright future; with standards, goals, and enthusiasm for life. We dream big for you when we think of your future.
I'm sure you already know Audrey well. No introduction will be necessary. I'm pretty sure you two were tight before either of you joined the family. She might trick you into thinking she is your mother, what with her determination to change your diapers, keep you covered in a blanket, and keep a binkie in your mouth, but don't forget I'm your momma and will always love you more than anyone else ever can. You already love Audrey, of that I am confident. She certainly already adores you.
You'll love your sister Kirsten. You will probably want to grow up to be just like her. She is content and sweet with this little dash of crazy that keeps us laughing and wondering where she came from. She is the perfect gal to be the oldest in our family.
A friend of my mentioned that you must be excited to join our family. The thought made me stop and think of you preparing to come. I've been so busy getting ready for you that I haven't stopped to think of you getting ready to receive an earthly body and finally(!) come to earth. The thought made me cry (surprise!) and I really hope you are just as excited to be a part of our crazy (awesome) family as we are to have you.
I love you my little Timothy.
And in 22 hours I plan to tell you exactly just that.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

  1. Tears to my eyes. Sending prayers that all goes well in welcoming your precious Timothy to the world tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooooo! good luck!!! can't wait to see pics! :)

    ReplyDelete