Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 2 (Dec 7)

 
We survived our first night with Timothy. After he got out of his onesie he slept better than a baby (ha ha). It turns out he loves binkies, introducing him to his binky just completed his life. We put Timothy in the outfit Audrey picked out for him when we found out he was a boy. It has the cutest fox hat with it, but he was already to big for the hat (love our chunky boy!). The girls showed up with lots of beautiful pictures for Timothy and mom. When my mom told the girls that they were going to the hospital to see us that morning Kirsten was immediately ready to come see us. She went and got in the car, despite Grandma warning her that she still needed to shower, and Kirsten waited impatiently for almost an hour ready to go see her mom and baby. The girls were so excited to show us their drawings and Grandma helped them hang the drawings up in our room. My friend Kashina came when the girls were there to take some professinal pictures of us in the hospital. They turned out great and I will share them soon. Another friend, Sarah, came and brought smoothies and yummy chocolates for us. It was so fun to have friends come snuggle our sweet new boy.
I was exhausted and anytime I held still I would fall asleep, most times holding Timothy on my chest. Audrey saw my eyes close while I was holding Timothy and said "mom, no sleep holding my baby!" At least we know she is always watching out for him! The grandmas took the girls shopping, home for naps, and then built gingerbread houses with them. The four of them came back and had a "picnic" with us at the hospital (Arby's is so much yummier than hospital food!). My mom stayed and visited with me while Kirk went home to shower and put the girls to bed. We were all able to fall asleep at 10, wake up once to feed Timothy, and sleep until 8! How lucky are we! Timothy was so sweet and calm all day. We really got a feel for his easy going personality. He nursed like a champ and was very content to be loved and snuggled all day.
Wearing grandma's curlers anxious to go to the hospital
cheeks
Looks like Kirsten
hat too small!
Love this girl!
Kirk was excited to buy Timothy his first car!
Our beautiful pictures
Gorgeous flowers from Karen and Willow tree from my mom
cookie bouquet from Kirk's boss
flowers from my sister Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment