Thursday, May 2, 2013

Utah

We went to Utah in the middle of April. My brother Brett blessed little Barrett and we decided it was a good excuse to leave Vegas (for the first time in 6 months). We drove to my sister Camille's house Thursday and stayed with them for a few days. The Coopers house is heaven on earth for our girls. They pray to go there every single night. Camille and I snuck away to see The Host (although I'll deny ever going) one night. Kirk and I went on to Cafe Rio and the Nicklecade with some friends another night. We were also able to see Kirk's brother Aaron for a few hours. We met up with most of my siblings (Kristy, Brett, Josh, Garrett) at Thanksgiving Point on Saturday. We had fun exploring the dinosaur museum and then freezing at a park later. Kirk stayed in Salt Lake with Brett and Garrett while Kristy, Camille, and I (plus the kids) went to Santaquin and stayed up until 2 am visiting. It was fabulous to have sister time. Sunday we met up with the rest of the family for the blessing. Barrett is such a sweet, active little guy and I'm so excited he and Timothy get to grow up together. We can't wait for Alexander to join the family and raise all sorts of havoc.
We drove to Vernal Sunday evening. The girls slept the entire way. Timothy did not. He was so bored and didn't know what to do with himself, not having two little people to constantly entertain him. Kirk and I were almost at a loss for how to entertain him without his two sisters. We managed to keep his binky in and keep toys in front of his face. But it made me grateful my kids have siblings, built in friends for life.
We stayed with my parents and the girls LOVE grandmas house. They feel right at home. We woke up to snow the next morning. Actually we woke up to Kirsten yelling "it's Christmas!!!" We went to dinner with all the Howcroft's who live in Vernal for Karen's birthday. It was really fun to all be together. We loved being in Utah with all of our family and friends we love so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment