Thursday, May 30, 2013

Kirk turns 29 part 4

Sunday we had the missionaries over for dinner and decided to share Kirk's birthday pie with them. I usually make Kirk a German chocolate cake but decided this year he would probably like a pie, I scored big time.
The kids were all awake by 5:30 Monday morning (Kirk's actual birthday). I desperately wanted to go back to sleep but someone was really excited it was finally his birthday. :) We opened presents first thing. He got socks, a swimming suit, nutty butty bars, water balloon launcher, a gate opener (his has been broken for a while), and a zelda game and controller. My mom sent him a (pink) tie and a beautiful book. He felt spoiled and very loved. We had waffles with strawberries for breakfast. The girls proudly cut the strawberries themselves, Kirsten cutting off the tops and Audrey slicing the strawberries. We had two bbq's to go to that day with friends. It was a fun (exhausting) day. The girls also proudly frosted cupcakes for one of the bbqs. We crashed that evening. The kids were bathed and asleep in bed by 6:30. Kirk loved that he got to spend the evening playing his new Zelda game :)
I love my Kirk Howcroft. I swear every year with him gets better and his 29th year has been my favorite. He works hard so he can play hard. He is kind and very caring. I am grateful every day we went repelling together 11 years ago. I have celebrated 11 birthdays with him! On his 18th birthday I was devastated I had to work and couldn't go boating with him. We had just started dating (hadn't even kissed yet...and wouldn't for another month) and he always made fun of the thin bamboo flip flops I wore (the cheap ones from walmart) so for his 18th birthday I gave him his very own pair of bamboo flip flops. We were at the city park sitting outside his yellow truck when I gave them to him. While I sat on the side of the truck he showed off by holding his body perpendicular to the flag pole. He then carried me over the swings where we swung for a long time. Thinking of it now still gives me butterflies. I had so much fun with him, I knew I was in trouble. But like I said we hadn't even kissed yet, it was the perfect, sweet, innocent summer love. I'm so glad I get to celebrate his birthday's with him still. Btw he wore those pink flimsy flip flops to school the next day, proudly! I wish I had a picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment