Friday, September 6, 2013

Preschool for our Audrey

Audrey has been anxious to go to preschool for years. She watched Kirsten go to school for the past 2 1/2 years and was very ready for her day to come. Since we moved to Utah right before school started I knew most preschools would be full. I asked Audrey if she wanted to go to a preschool with other kids or if she wanted to stay home and do school with mom. It's funny that I even gave her the option because she has a strong personality and I think both of us were looking forward to the few hours a week of preschool. But it just felt right to have her home and to have me give her individual attention. She was really excited and wanted to do school at home.
We walk Kirsten to school every morning and then Timothy sleeps the entire time she is at school leaving the perfect opportunity for Audrey's preschool (on Tuesdays and Thursdays).
Tuesday morning Audrey knocked on the basement door and "Mrs. Howcroft" welcomed her to school. It was so fun! The entire time she addressed me as Mrs. Howcroft and told me all about her family. At one point I asked her to grab a tissue so I could blow her nose and she said "oh my mom likes me to blow my nose too." I'm excited to craft with her and help her learn to write her letters. She's a very smart girl and I am glad I get the chance to be her teacher.
As we walked to get Kirst from school I asked Audrey what she learned at school. She gave me her ridiculous look and said "Mom, you where there. You already know." Ha ha . Love this girl!

1 comment:

  1. Your house is gorgeous, Dynelle! That's so fun that you're doing preschool with Audrey. I kept Braden home so I could have him around for his last year before he goes to school, and I should probably sit down with him and teach him a few things too.

    ReplyDelete