Friday, September 27, 2013

29th Birthday

I'm 29! And finally blogging about it. It was crazy to throw in a birthday celebration in the middle of a move but I was excited I got the chance to celebrate with my Vegas friends. The night before my birthday I went to dinner with Sarah and Layne. They are my first Vegas friends and I just love them. We have spent lots of time at each others houses helping with projects, letting the kids play, and lots of visiting. After dinner they had a surprise moving away party at Sarah's house for me. It was so fun and very sweet of them. I love all the girls who were there and wish I would have taken a picture!
I woke up to celebration! Kirk had gifts for me to open all day and I was absolutely spoiled. The girls drew the cutest pictures for me. Kirk took the girls shopping the night before and Audrey led the present search party by declaring "I know what Mom wants, follow me!" and then she led them through the store for 25 minutes before finally deciding on fingernail polish. Kirsten picked out a cute laptop case for me and Timothy a pizza stone. Kirk spoiled me with a globe, a pamper kit, a sunglasses clip, and pepper spray. We enjoyed a slow morning and then took the kids to the Shark Reef aquarium.
My awesome friends Sara and Kashina took me out for dinner. It was delicious and I always enjoy their company and the good conversation we have together. These two ladies are some of my favorite people on earth. I hated moving away from their friendships and was happy to have an evening with them. After dinner we met Kirk and the kids, Kashina's family, and Emily for birthday cake and fireworks. It was the very best way to celebrate my birthday! Sara made the cake so of course it was delicious. It was a fun evening (even if Timothy would have much rather been in bed).
Sara and me
Emily, Sara, me, and Kashina (this pictures makes me tear up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment