Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Zions

Kirk and I finally made it to Zions National Park
Neither of us have been since we were little and could hardly even remember going.
A couple of my good friends have visited there recently and since then I've been completely jealous and itching to go.
Saturday was free National Park day so we loaded up and were there by 9 am.
It was beautiful!
We did quite a few different hikes. It was so fun. Kirsten loved climbing on the rocks, playing in the water and dirt, and throwing rocks over the side of the cliff until Kirk was informed that there were people down there...oops!
After my third hike the baby and my body decided it was enough and I started contracting like crazy, so we didn't get to go on as many as I would have liked, but we live close by and will be returning soon.We took 101 pictures...but I'll spare you all the scenery and pictures of Kirsten picking up rocks and turning her head away from the camera, here are my favorite.

5 comments:

  1. What? 3 hikes?! Glad you stopped after the contractions. But if for some reason you go past your due date again (I personally don't think you will though), just head back to Zions and start up the Angels Landing path. (I'm not really serious, unless you took a midwife with you!) Glad nobody was seriously injured from Kirsten's stone tossing. That family shot is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the first part of my comment disappeared! I wrote that it was awesome that you were able to take advantage of the free entry and that it was surprising that it had been such a long time for both of you since the last time you were at Zions. Beautiful scenery, even in those few pictures you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free!! Sweet. Looks like you had fun and good for you for going on all those hikes, gold medal. and by the way, i think i have that same shirt and Kirstens piggy tails are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you guys got to go!! Sorry we were bums and didn't make it down like we had been planning. I hope like crazy that I get to see you sometime before the millenium comes!! :)

    ReplyDelete