Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Week in Vernal

About two weeks ago Kirk found out he would be going to Oregon for a week for work. The week he was to be gone for was (last week) also the week Amanda would be going to Vernal for 4th of July fun. So after rearranging plans a couple times we figured a way for Kirk to drive Kirsten and I to Vernal Saturday, then fly out of Vernal Sunday, fly back to Vernal Friday, then drive us home on Monday. Our plan worked like a charm. We had a great time in Vernal. We spent most of the time with my family...who was so good to help me with Kirsten and show patience to their ever ornery pregnant sister.

Here is a quick run down of what we did:


Swam and ate pumpkin cookies and Stienaker lake
 
Got slurpees with uncle Garrett
(who gave Kirsten her very own)
Learned to cheese it for the camera
(including the "eeeeeeeee" sound)
Did our hair for camping
Talked Mom and Brett into doing their hair for camping too
Enjoyed yummy camping food
but mostly the watermelon
Then had an awesome 4th of July 
This girl especially loved the fireworks! 
Huge thanks to my family for the fun vacation!
Sidenote: Kirsten also picked up on how to pick her nose (not pictured).

4 comments:

  1. haha, I love Kirsten's hair with all the pig tails, so dang cute! I'm glad you got to go be with your fam! I forgot about Steinaker..looks like the water level is way high! P.s. I have #1 your baby bath, #2 a head rest for the baby bouncer..dang I knew I would find things I forgot to give you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a nose-picking picture next time. LOVE the camping hair! Looks like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hair!! and i still think its so cute that Kirsten looks so much like her dad, never would have guessed and i am still guessing the next one looks like you. and on a side note, we need Kirsten to teach Jade about water because she hates it....hates hates hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a blast! I wish I could have done all those fun things with you . . . except Cameron doesn't have enough hair for the camping style! Love yer guts!

    ReplyDelete