Monday, June 15, 2009

Shamu Shamu

Wednesday, our second day in San Diego, we headed to Sea World. The first thing we did was go to the Shamu show. Just look at the smile on my little girl. She was so happy to be there. She loved watching the whales...that is until they started doing tricks out of the water and splashing people, then she became terrified of the whales and clung to my neck.
One of her favorite parts of the day was playing on the Sesame Street playground. She especially loved the tunnel. You'll notice I don't have any good pictures of her looking at the camera...mostly because she refused to, but we got some cute pictures anyway.
We really enjoyed the sea lion and otter show. Again Kirsten loved it until the animals got to close then it was climbing up my big belly and clinging to my neck. By the end of this show my body was ready for a rest.
 
I started taking pictures by just putting the camera in front of her face and snapping...this was the result.
  We went to the 4D sesame street movie. The kids loved it until we got rained on...they couldn't understand why the seats were moving and we were getting wet inside the theater.
We had such a great time that Kirsten was asleep before we even got out of the parking lot. 

4 comments:

  1. Your kids are so incredibly lucky. Sea World is the best. I think it's hilarious that she was so scared of the whale. I would have loved to been there. I'm glad you got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Audrey is older she will ask, "Why didn't I get to go to Sea World?!" - and you will reply, "Honey, you did! You were in Momma's belly." Best thing ever! Like "your trip to Texas" when mom was pregnant with you. =)
    Looks like buckets of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kirsten's sheer glee in that photo where she's smiling at Shamu is so cute! What a fun time! Must have been entertaining to watch her and her cousins play on the Sesame Street playground. How cute that she zonked out before you even got back on the road at the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Correction...her name is Sarah...i'm just sayin josh. sea world looks like a ton of fun! i wanna take my kids there someday too=)

    ReplyDelete