Thursday, October 27, 2011

Six Years!

September 22nd Kirk and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary. Flirting with Kirk Howcroft in seminary was the beginning of making my life beautiful. The sixth year of marriage has been nothing but joy. We have been blessed not to have hard times this year and have filled the year with love. We understand and communicate better than ever. I know if he is short tempered to either send him to bed or out for a run. He knows that if I'm upset and don't answer his phone call to keep calling and by the 4th or 5th call I will answer and my heart will be melted by his persistence. There is nothing I love more than being married to this man and keeping him for eternity! For our anniversary I made a list of the six best things about being married to Kirk:
  1. He has more patience than the whole Brinkerhoff family combined. His patience keeps our marriage strong. In a house full of females his patience with each of us keeps things calm. He hardly ever gets upset or frustrated with me, which keeps conflict away from our marriage and teaches me to not get upset over every little thing.
  2. Kirk is seriously one of the most brilliant people I know. His mind is always going, thinking up new ideas, figuring things out. He loves learning more about our minds and trying to figure out thought processes. He likes to analyze things and know exactly how and why they work. That is why he is so good at his job. He has passion for helping people figure out how to do things. I'm so proud of him.
  3. Kirk is very playful. This makes him a great Dad. My girls cannot get enough of their Dad. They are always climbing all over him, tickling him, chasing him, hiding and seeking him, trying to dress him up, etc. He has become the neighbor kids favorite person to play with at the park. He doesn't take anything too seriously and always has a smile on his face.
  4. Every time Kirk goes out of town he goes to the closest temple and does a session. He has gone to temples all over the globe. Instead of sleeping, playing games, sight seeing, or watching movies he attends the temple and our family has been blessed because of it. He patiently helps the girls read scriptures at night, faithfully pays his tithing, is worthy of holding the priesthood, attends church without complaint, and enjoys serving in his calling. I'm grateful for his testimony and how it strengthens mine.
  5. Kirk loves without restriction. I swear that boy tells me he loves me 50 times a day. In his sleep, eating breakfast, brushing his teeth, no matter what he is doing he somehow still manages a way to tell me how loved I am. And now my little Kirsten goes around the house telling everyone she loves them multiple times during the day. He snuggles me in bed when he should be leaving for work because he knows it makes me feel loved. He cant stand the thoughts of one of our girls going to bed upset and will go in multiple times to snuggle them until they fall asleep with a smile on their faces. We are very lucky to be loved by him so much.
  6. Kirk is super hot. He runs 3-6 miles a day three times a week. He does push ups and all sorts of work out things with the girls. He does triathlons in the hotel gyms when he travels. He rides his bike to work (at least as much as he can before his tire pops). He is very athletic and has awesome muscles. Seeing him workout is one of my very favorite things.
If you remember the website he created for me last year he has updated it and you can check it out:

http://kirkanddynelle.blogspot.com/2009/09/fourth-anniversary.html

We celebrated our anniversary in Vernal when we were there for Audrey's birthday. We left the girls with my mom and stayed in town. Kirk got a free Marriott room and we planned to do all the fun things around Vernal that we used to do when we were dating.  Thursday we went hiking on some of the same trails and went swimming in Red Fleet. It was so romantic to be the only two swimming not having to worry about anything but each other. We have so much fun together! We laughed and just had the best time. After we got cleaned up we went to dinner at a local restaurant. That was the end of our fun. Kirk got really sick for the next 36 hours. So Friday we spent coped up in our room with a sick husband. It wasn't romantic in the slightest but it was still fun to be together. I think we watched like 4 or 5 movies that day? We did go on a slight hike over looking remember the main, which is what we did the night before his mission. It wasn't quite as romantic as that night since we are way out of shape and Kirk was needing a bathroom but it was so beautiful and fun to reminisce. Here are a few pictures of our fun couple days together :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And remember how it is kinda our thing  to go to Pizza Hut every other year for our anniversary? (here) We couldn't help but do it again. Kirk was sick and so I ate a piece of pizza and we took a couple pictures of our best Audrey smiles, good times.

1 comment: