Monday, October 24, 2011

Brinkerhoff Halloween!

Last December we decided to do a girls weekend with all the females in my family over UEA 2011. For about a year I have been planning this fantastic weekend that was going to be phenomenal, spiritual, and inspire our daughters to become fantastic women. Ha ha, there is a funny thing called life that likes to get in the way. Over the past month so many things changed in our weekend plans that it almost didn't happen at all to becoming a fall weekend with the entire Brinkerhoff family. Not to shabby if I do say so myself, I have a incredibly terrific family. Because of unexpected medical bills that racked up amazingly fast the days prior to our weekend Kirk and I decided it would not be financially a good idea for us to make a trip to Utah. We were devastated but knew it was for the best. My sweet sisters and parents did not accept the fact that we could not afford to come and literally paid for us to make the trip. There is nothing as wonderful as family. Or having a sister who loves you so much that she is willing to sacrifice her own future family trip so we could come be with everyone.
So on a total whim the girls and I packed up and drove to Utah just like that. It is wonderful to be in Utah in the fall. The fall air, pumpkins exploding everywhere, and the delicious fall leaves. It was heaven.
We arrived at my sister Camille's home Wednesday night at 8. Her and I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning chatting and folding laundry/sewing halloween costumes. Thursday we drove up to Orem and had lunch with my sister Amanda. We do not get to spend enough time with her and I miss her so much. That afternoon while my girls napped I was able to go hold my friend Brenna's new beautiful baby girl. I am so lucky to have such wonderful people for friends. Thursday my mom, Kristy, Madison, Spencer, Chelsey, and Cody arrived. The party had officially started. It was so fun being together.
Friday morning we drove up to Salt Lake and hung out at the South Town mall. It is seriously the most kid friendly mall ever! We rode a carrousel, train, the escalators, and played on the kid play area. The only store we went into was a candy store and Bath and Body Works where my cute mom bought all the girls a little hand sanitizer. We had lunch then hit up Tai Pan, Gardner Village, and Target before driving to the airport to pick up Kirk. That night the girls had a toe nail painting, spiritually inspiring party. My sweet mom gave us each a willow tree and spoiled the grandkids with all sorts of goodies. Seriously nothing is better than family. Kirk and Garrett went off hiking and found a hot springs, they hiked until 1:30 am! crazy men!
Saturday we played at the park. We played old school games like red rover, and kick ball. Every time my family gets together it is just fun. We enjoy being together so much. Saturday evening had our annual family Halloween party, complete with cheesy bacon soup and a pumpkin pinata. There were awesome costumes, games, and decorations. The girls loved dressing up as witches and showing off their awesome costumes.
We woke up early Sunday morning and barely made it home in time to catch some of church. It was seriously a fabulous weekend and we love our family so much!
 Audrey was super excited to get signature on her cast
cute grandkids at the mall
Kirsten and Audrey riding the train
I made Audrey kiss the frog
Brinkerhoff Women Extravaganza!
Chelsey, Camille, me, Kristy
Add caption
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. It was a great weekend! I am SO glad that you were able to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that fall is by far your favorite season. What could be better than enjoying it all with your family? It's wonderful to hear how everyone pulled together, making it possible for you to be there.

    ReplyDelete