Sunday, November 30, 2008

Day 5: Sole Duc Falls and Forks

The hike to Sole Duc Falls was beautiful! Washington definitely has a rain forest.
We hiked about a mile in
Kirk lived in Washington the fall after we graduated.
Ever since he lived there he kept telling me about this waterfall that was really important to him.
After he got home from his mission I told him I knew that he wanted to take me to the waterfall to propose...but I didn't want to wait for a trip to Washington to get engaged.
So three and a half years later...we made it to Kirk's original proposal place
(with Kirsten)
Sole Duc Falls. It was so beautiful. After the waterfall we went to Forks
(because we are a tiny bit twilight crazy)
How can you be that close and not want to go?They even had a truck like Bella's.
Kirk's Dad and Uncle made fun of us plenty...so you don't have to.
This is crescent lake. It is huge. It was a glacier that has melted into a lake. I guess they have not even been able to find the bottom in some places.
It was a really wet day...can you tell?

1 comment: