Monday, September 22, 2008

Third Anniversary

Kirk and I went on our first date after some innocent but intense flirting in seminary. We went repelling and had a blast. I remember thinking it was really cool that there was never a lull in our conversation and how that is how the first date with my future husband would be...never thinking I would never marry a Howcroft! Kirk asked me to walk the graduation line with him (which was still 7 weeks away). Well we chatted in seminary from there but didn't date again until that fateful date, one week before graduation, when he had me push him to the lake in a wheel chair...the nerve.
So we dated all summer (he was a gentle man and didn't kiss me for a month). Then in August I left for college but not before he dropped the L bomb. I thought we were just having a summer fling, but if he was in love....so he went to Washington and we both dated other people.
Summer before his mission I came home and we dated and fell madly in love. Then he left...while I cried for 5 months. I finally got over him about the time that he got over the new missionary thing and started missing me. So we went back and forth; I would like him then he would like me. We were never on the same page at the same time. Then on Valentines day 2005 he sent me 7 white roses and 3 red roses. With a beautiful poem that said:

Three are Red,
Seven are White.
What an odd number
Ten can't be right

Just send a Dozen,
Your probably saying.
Well, read on...
And I guess you will see!!!

Alright enough rhyming, I'm not good at it. I'll just tell you in plain ol english. I had to be
creative with my idea. So, I figured I'd use this awesome book I got for Christmas!!


The Symbols:
3--is the symbol for Unity, becoming one with our Father in Heaven
7--is the symbol for Perfection, on the Seventh day God rested
RED--is the symbol for Love, typically related to the Love that Christ
showed us in the Atonement
WHITE--is the symbol for Light, purity, truth...


So...
What better way could I explain the Unity that Love brings to all mankind, especially this time of year. Also telling you of my knowledge of the perfection of the restored truth that I share with
these wonderful people of Georgia. Finally, without you even knowing, 10 means complete, telling you that the Love that brought us together really is true, pure, and definitely perfect, But you didn't hear the meaning of that from me :)!!!


I really just wanted to say I LOVE YOU!!

so, I was pretty much smitten from there and immediately started planning our wedding.Kirk came home June 2, 2005. He kissed me within 1/2 hour of being released by the stake president and we were unofficially engaged within 24 hours, thanks to my Dad embarrassing me calling Kirk my husband therefore resulting in a DTR.June 20, 2005 Kirk and I drove up Dry Fork Canyon. There we stopped and climbed on top of a 20 foot rock. Kirk then says "Wow you can seeing everything from here (sure honey)...I bet you didn't see this though" and he gets down on his knee and then we make out and now we are officially engaged!
We are married 3 months later on September 22, 2005 in the Salt Lake Temple. It's the best day of either of our lives and we have been happily married since.It's cheesy but true, I love Kirk more every year we are together. He makes me laugh like no one else can. He makes me want to be a better wife and mother through his example. But mostly he is my favorite person ever and I am SO excited to be with him for forever!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! Lots of fun to read your history and see the pics (again). =) Congrats on 3 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Thanks for sharing all those pictures...they were great. You both look really young in some of them. Three years...whoa!

    ReplyDelete