Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Best Anniversary Ever!

We had an awesome anniversary! It was filled with romance, just the way we like it! Kirk brought home the most beautiful flowers...3 for the number of years we've been married. He also wrote the best poem that made me cry (I would say he cried to, but I don't want to embarrass him). When he got home from school I had our house covered in candles. With romantic music playing it was the perfect atmosphere for some dancing. We had a candlelit dinner complete with sparkling cider. Kirsten did her part in celebrating our anniversary and went to bed at 5:00 and slept all night long...isn't she the best! I made Kirk this picture frame. I'm not sure you can see the quote but it says "I made a wish and you came true" which is exactly how I feel about my studly husband.
For our anniversary I wrote down some of my favorite memories of the summer we started dating. I thought I would share (I couldn't decide which one to post, you'll have to suffer with a couple memories):

You asked me for a haircut. Chalice and I had been cutting boys hair for about year, so I was pretty confident….apparently I shouldn’t have been. I cut your hair probably a little shorter than you would have liked. (My mom felt so bad for you when you left our house with “that terrible haircut” and she wouldn’t have blamed you for never talking to me again). Josh was there and you and him then boxed with boxing gloves. Of course you got a bloody nose and had blood all over your shirt. You went home and Levi asked you what happened? You explained that you and Josh were boxing and he said “no, to your hair!”

My mother depised you with a passion. My aunt Janet had told her what kind of a kid you were and that scared the bajeebies out of my mother. Then of course you were naked at graduation and made me push you in a wheelchair! She was not impressed AT ALL. The night after we hiked to the top of Remember the Main we both knew it was time you met my parents…sigh. I was really nervous. Really Really REALLY nervous….for apparently no reason. You showed my Dad your truck and the engine you rebuilt and he was sold. My mother fell in love with you when you handed me your jacket because I “looked cold” (we were 20 feet away from my jacket, but you gave me yours) you are so kind.

You were away on a soccer trip when I came up with the brilliant idea to leave a note in your truck. So during weight lifting Chalice and I went out to your truck to leave the note for you. We opened the door and to our great surprise a very loud car alarm went off. Thinking the cops would be showing up soon, Chalice and I sprinted to my car were we dived into the backseat, hiding until the alarm stopped. Knowing the police weren’t going to show, we opened your truck and left the note. Totally ignoring the REALLY loud alarm…a small crowd gathered outside of the school to see what was going on, but we ignored them too.

Lunch: you would take me out to lunch often. One day you asked me out, came and picked me up, and we went to A&W, we were in the drive through when you realized that you didn’t have your wallet (I didn’t bring any money either!). We went back to my house, but my parents were out of town and I was not to have any boys in the house. So you sat on the porch while I made you lunch…I kept the door open so you were not completely abandoned. The problem was my parents were out of town aka we had no food. So I told you that I was going to make you a family favorite…honey and jam sandwiches (totally made that up)! You loved the sandwiches while I had a plain jam sandwich…he he he.

Running the River: We went down the river with the Olsen side of your family. All the girls were in one raft and the boys in the other. I was the only girl in the boy boat, because I wanted to be as close as possible to your hot body. You had one paddle and I had the other. I paddled 5 times for one of yours. We were coming to a really big rock and I was the only one paddling my guts out to save us. Unfortunately for all of us, I was unknowingly (actually I was the only one who didn't know) rowing us closer to the rock. Luckily, your uncle Greg was the only one to fall in when we hit the rock.

1 comment:

  1. You made his uncle fall in and hit a rock? I'm surprised his family enjoys you so much. I'm very impressed with the frame you made. Where did you get that idea?

    ReplyDelete