Friday, November 16, 2012

Howcroft

For months I have been trying to teach the girls to spell Howcroft. But they were like 2% interested in learning how. So the other night I told them that if they learned to spell Howcroft we would take them to McDonalds for ice cream. Audrey gave a 50% effort and Kirsten didn't bother to try until it was bedtime, neither really even coming close to spelling our last name. The next morning while I was doing their hair I asked them if they could spell Howcroft. Kirsten said "yes I can" and then she did. Perfectly without prompting or help! I quickly got it on video and then asked Audrey if she could spell Howcroft like Kirsten. Not wanting to be outdone she spelled Howcroft perfectly as well. My mouth literally hit the floor. They must have stayed up all night practicing or something. Needless to say we had McDonalds for lunch that day! (Bonus lesson for parents, use McDonalds wisely!)

No comments:

Post a Comment