Friday, May 27, 2011

Happy 27th Birthday Kirk!

hhhyhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjijkkkkklkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk88u88889899
That's code for Happy Birthday Daddy from Audrey!

Today Kirk turns 27. It's his golden birthday (and he rolls his eyes every time I tell someone that). I am so very grateful for my handsome husband. He is very patient, kind, and loving towards me and balances me out perfectly. He is a terrific father to our princess's. Over the past year I made a list of my 26 favorite memories of Kirk during the year he was 26:
  1. We were driving home from Logan and had stopped at Nephi for lunch and to let the girls play at the park. As we were loading back into the car Kirk noticed a couple kids trying to get their ball out of the tree. He went over and asked them if they needed help and they readily accepted. The first big branch was 15 ft up. Too high for even Kirk to jump up and pull himself up. After surveying the situation he found a twig (seriously 1 1/2 inches around) and shimmied his way up the twig to the branch where he pulled himself up and rescued not only the kids' ball but 4 of their shoes as well. Kirsten and I were cheering him on from the car and to say we were all impressed is an understatement!
  2. The multiple times Kirk and has stopped and helped random people push their car out of the road or helped people with car trouble.
  3. One night I went out with friends and Kirk cleaned the house while I was gone, even though he was exhausted from a busy day and had to wake up early and fly out the next morning.
  4. Kirk passed up a promotion that he really really really wanted because he knew it wouldn't be what was best for our family.
  5. The website he made me for our 5th wedding anniversary.
  6. The multiple nights he has spent building forts out of pillows and blankets for the girls to destroy,
  7. He took time off of work to be there for Kirsten's first day of school. I'll never forget how sweet it was that he held her hand all the way into her classroom.
  8. One night last summer he took the girls out to Payless and bought them each a pair of shoes.
  9. The girls and I returned to Vegas from a trip to Utah last summer and Kirk had made chocolate chip cookies for us and included his special ingredients (almond flavoring and cocoa) they were really yummy!
  10. Working on the patio in the dark and coming in smelling of hunky, sweaty, dirty man! Also all the home projects he has done this past year painting 3 rooms, installing our patio, planting a garden, putting in a sprinkler system, removing a wall, building a entertainment center, etc, etc.
  11. The night I was apparently sleeping walking and went into Audreys room and woke her up. Kirk got up with her and soothed her back to sleep or so I heard the next morning! He is always taking care of my mistakes!
  12. Watching him and Kirsten play princess memory together (she legitimately beat him but you didn't hear that part from me).
  13. He has given me multiple priesthood blessing this past year. I am so grateful he is worthy to give them and for the spiritual experiences we have had because of them.
  14. He was so great to put up with Chelsey and me last summer. The the chick flicks he had to suffer through and having his wife act like an 18 year old again.
  15. I will never forget the smile Kirk had on his face when he crossed the finish line for the half marathon he ran.
  16. I am so grateful that he put for the effort, money, and time into being their for Chelsey's endowment. He had to fly home the next day to work that week then flew back up to Salt Lake to be there for her wedding. He only had a motorcycle as transportation and had to fit all of his clothing into a backpack. He also had to ride the car rental shuttle from and to the airport and walk to his motorcycle parked at his work.
  17. Night after night after night and night Kirk has put the girls to bed. I love to hear him read or tell them stories, make them giggle, and sing to them. It's one of my favorite parts of the day.
  18. One morning when I was running home and Kirk had to leave for work he passed me on his motorcycle. He slowed down and reached out and gave me a high five while I was still running and then drove off, it was hot.
  19. He told his boss not to send him out of town so he wouldn't miss Audrey's first birthday.
  20. Every morning when he leaves for work he goes around and kisses each of his girls (usually multiple times, we just can't get enough!)
  21. I loves when we planted our garden together late at night in the dark. Also laying in the backyard talking with each other looking at the 27 stars Vegas has to offer.
  22. He spent half an hour being patient with Kirsten while she changed her mind 9 times about what pajama's she wanted to wear that night. Also he has figured out how to patiently restrain Audrey and help her make a decision she can be happy with.
  23. Kirk is always playing with the girls. One afternoon I couldn't find him and Kirsten anywhere. I finally found them hiding under a blanket giggling in our guest bedroom.
  24. Not to long ago I was up with a very sick Audrey all night long. Kirk woke up early the next morning and cleaned the house because he knew it would be a hard day for me and wanted to make it a little easier.
  25. Everyday last summer he woke up with the girls at 5 am and took them running.
  26. The other night when I was feeling so frustrated and he held me and reminded me of the awesome marriage we have, how we are meant for each other, and how blessed we are.
Happy Birthday Kirk! We Love You soo much!
Pictures taken this morning with the birthday boy!

4 comments:

  1. What a cute post. Kirk is such a nice guy and you guys have such a sweet beautiful little family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Golden Birthday, Kirk! Dynelle, it was great reading about just a few of the many, many ways you are blessed by and enamored with your wonderful husband. Isn't it cool that his golden birthday is less than ten months prior to Kirsten's golden birthday?! Hope it is a wonderful weekend for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kirk! I loved it when I saw him running with the girls last summer...so cute. That's such a sweet list, he's a keeper!

    You guys are all great and I'm so glad we're neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirk is a great guy! You guys have an amazing family together! I love the list. It sounds like a great year :)

    ReplyDelete