Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Young Love




Audrey and Adam hit it off instantly. As soon as they had the chance to crawl around on the floor together it was apparent their relationship would be a constant game of catch and release. But leave it up to my Audrey to make the first move.

It was a couple months ago, when they had only known each other a few weeks. I was on the floor changing Adam's diaper when Audrey crawled over to him, took his binky out of his mouth and leaned in for a kiss. Oh she didn't kiss him at first, she's a flirt and knows how to make him want it, but she only kept him waiting for a second because before I knew it she was planting a big open mouth lots of tongue kiss on Adam. Oh he really liked it! Yes I am jealous, she never comes up to me and gives me kisses. Boys are already causing drama in our house.

Audrey's first word? "ada" as in Adam. Anytime I mention his name she gets really excited and starts looking around for him. When his dad drops him off in the morning Audrey is ecstatic, complete with giggling, smiles, and shaking limbs. She then crawls over to his car seat and tells him hi babbling like crazy still with the giggle and smiles. He is excited to see her too and doesn't mind that she likes to take his binky in and out of his mouth a hundred times a day. She wakes up from her nap before him and as soon as she hears him wake up she says "ada" and starts crawling to his room before I have time to blink my eyes.

I love having these two crazy babies crawling around my house all day. They are always getting into the fridge and like to feed each other grapes. They are each starting to walk taking about 10 steps at a time, trying to out do each other. They love to climb up the stairs and slide down. It's a mad house when Adam is here and by 5:00 I'm usually flat out on the couch waiting for Kirk to come rescue me. I have not figured out how to have a clean house with 3 kids, pretty sure it's not possible. Anyway we love Adam, and I couldn't be more thrilled in Audrey's choice in men!

2 comments:

  1. So much smiling and laughing going on during this post. I love it. They are so precious ;) Ha I love how she gave him an open mouth kiss on her own. That's just great! Now just wait for her to give him the cold shoulder so he will chase her ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. they really do love eachother... haha... hopefully they have also stopped liking the corner so much and realize it is not a reward but a punishment... oh our kids.. i love this post!

    ReplyDelete