Friday, October 29, 2010

Kay Kay (what Kirsten calls herself)

Yesterday afternoon Kirsten and I were just hanging out while Audrey was taking a nap. We were watching Beauty & the Beast and Kirsten had a bowl of a few candy corns. Which she ended up kicking and spilling onto the couch. "oh no!" she kept saying while she cleaned them up. Then she got down and pointing at her foot said "no no no, be nice, no no no" I was cracking up then she took her foot over and put it in the corner. It was so hilarious. I love that girl!
Actually I think discipline is her new favorite game because Cinderella just hurt Belle so she had to go sit in the corner. (love it!) She also made Cinderella give Belle kisses and say sorry. What does this say about my parenting style?

Also she has started to call her dad "kirk" The way she says it is so cute, calling out "kirk". Kirk hates it but Kirsten loves calling him Kirk and she has such a hard time pronouncing daddy ("nanny") that I think she is just proud of herself for getting it right.

She still adores her daddy. The other day we met him at the park for lunch. He helped put the kids back in the car, gave all his girl a kiss, and then went to get on his motorcycle. Apparently Kirsten wanted another kiss because she started freaking out yelling "kisses kisses kisses" over and over until we drove over to wear Kirk was getting on his bike and he gave her another kiss.

Kirsten is also the queen of kissing our "owies". Every scar or scrape she finds on our bodies she kisses better. And anytime we stub our toe say ouch she asks us if we are ok. She is so sweet. Every time she gets hurt we just have to ask her if she is ok and if she is actually hurt we have to kiss that particular body part and she is all better.

2 comments:

  1. First: Kirsten reminds me of me when I was little. I disciplined my toys ALL the time! Must be an oldest girl thing:)

    Second: I love, love, love that she calls Kirk by his name.

    Third: I miss the babies. That aren't really babies any more. Ugh. Dynelle, you have to have another baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just brutal! Could you make me miss this girl any more?? I love her so much. Kirsten is the sweetest child I know.

    ReplyDelete