Monday, July 5, 2010

A few things to catch up

1. Fourth of July: Swimming, bbqs, and fireworks with the neighbors...it was a perfect weekend!

2. Kirsten has traded in her cars for little princess dolls. Which she carries everywhere! We are always changing doll dresses. As you can see in the pictures she even sleeps with them. And if you look closely you can see her in princess purse which carries the dresses. It's rare to see her without it these days(even in the pool and at church). We have gone through 2 Cinderella dolls, 2 Sleeping Beauty dolls, 1 Ariel, and only have Snow White left. She's definitely more girlie. She dances around the room all the time and loves Cinderella the most. She is constantly changing into dresses and usually wears two at a time. We've also hit that lovely stage where she cares what I wear. When I came out of my room in a skirt this morning she took one look at me and said "cute!"
Love that girl!
3. My youngest sister Chelsey is staying with us this summer. We are absolutely loving having her here. We have had so much fun together. I love having another adult around during the day while we are adjusting to Vegas and making friends. Here are pictures of the fort we made one night. Popcorn, fudge, fort, and Tinkerbell movie. It was Kirsten's heaven on earth!


4. Audrey is crawling. It's stinking cute too!

5. The end of May first of June we traveled up to Utah and stayed for 3 weeks. It was too long to be away from home but we had so much fun. Between Kirk and I we traveled over 3500 miles and logged 56 driving hours. Our highlights were: meeting our new niece Liana (who was born on Kirk's birthday), seeing my friend Camille and her family, Chelsey's graduation, staying at both grandparent's houses, playing games with my family, Jones Hole, spending time with single Brett, playing with cousins, Brett's wedding, swimming with my family at the hotel pool, Salt Lake reception, Ben's baptism, temple square, staying with Camille, visiting my friend Katie, going to the zoo with friends, getting slurpees with my sisters at 11:00 at night, the Vernal reception, sleeping in Brett & Jess's bed (including being kicked out and ending up on the floor thanks to Kirsten), and coming home to Kirk
(who had finished painting our house...it looks great!)

6. Kirsten finally gave up the binky. With little coxing from us (except for the part where we cut off the nipple making it impossible to suck on...trust her she tried) she threw her pacifier in the garbage. I was expecting a huge fit from her at night and nap time now that she doesn't have her binky, but she has been really mature about it. So we went ahead and got rid of sippy cups too. Now that we are treating her like an older toddler she is acting like an older toddler and I love it. This week is potting training week. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. I love your little family! Thanks for updating so I could continue to blog stalk you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the forever long trip was worth it :) I love living with you guys. It's very, very fun...k yeah it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dynelle, I love this post! I cracked up over how Kirsten switched from Cars to Disney princess dolls overnight. She's the best! Seriously, I was laughing out loud when I saw that purse around her shoulder while asleep and the dolls and the dresses, not to mention the purse in the pool. Love that girl! She's adorable! Yay for Audrey for crawling everywhere! So cute! And your girls look absolutely darling in their matching dresses for your brother's wedding. Beautiful! I'm astounded by all the things you were able to do during your vacation in Utah. Sounds fun, but I have to wonder if you needed a little down time once you got back home, you know, a vacation to recover from your vacation. I love how your family is so supportive of each other and how you all seem to make a great effort to be present at important events. Miss you! And thanks for you comments, too! They mean so much to me. You and your family mean so much to us!

    ReplyDelete