Saturday, July 24, 2010

Mt Charleston

So not much happens in Vegas over the 24th of July (imagine that!). But since my family was getting together having fun in Vernal, Chelsey and I insisted on doing something fun. Kirk whisked us away to Mt Charleston. Ok sure we thought get us out of the house. We can stand outside in the sage brush and cactus for 20 minutes before our blood starts to boil. But Mt Charleston is not Vegas. Or Nevada I'm pretty sure. IT'S GREEN, like with trees! As soon as we realized we were in actual mountains we rolled down the windows and couldn't get over how good it smelled. Like fresh air, pine trees, rain! I'm positive that is what heaven will smell like. I have never loved the mountains more than I did today. We were out of the car for more than ten minutes and didn't even sweat, seriously! But all good thing come to an end and ours ended with swarm of flies following Kirsten around.
Enjoy a few pictures of our fun day!

3 comments:

  1. You are so funny :) like..for real. ha but really. anyway...I am with you on never loving the mountains so much! That trip was so much fun!!! Even with all of the poopy diapers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laugh...because the last time we were in the mountains together, you said, "yeah I'm not much of a mountain person, more of the beach type." God must be teaching you to love the things you grew up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so kidding--there's no way that could be Vegas!! I'm glad you had fun . . . now, why wouldn't you want me to move next door so I can enjoy things like that with you? :)

    ReplyDelete