Sunday, August 10, 2008

Vegas!

My awesome sister-in-law took Kirsten and I to Vegas this past week with her and her son Ben. She wanted to take Ben on a special trip and invited me and Kirsten to come along.. So Vegas here we came. We had so much fun with them and Ben sure kept things interesting. He started the trip off right...while on the airplane we had just sat down and I was sitting next to a lady in a ball cap. Ben yells (literally across the plane) Dynelle, are you trying to get a new husband?

We arrived in Vegas late Monday night and checked in and went to bed. Tuesday we went to the M&M factory. It was fun and I have never seen so many M&M shirts, straws, mugs, ornaments, etc. Kirsten and I even met my favorite m&m (I probably keep the peanut m&m's in business single handedly). Kirsten and I headed back to our hotel after that for a well deserved nap.
After Kirsten woke up we walked down the strip to meet Liz, Ben, and Landri for lunch. It took us 45 minutes to go 1/2 mile, I swear. After a expensive, but delicious lunch at Planet Hollywood Kirsten and I began the long trek back to the hotel for another nap. Kirsten did fine until we walked in front of Belliago water fountains and the speakers blaring Cline Dione didn't make Kirsten very happy. She screamed for the next 30 minutes while I hustled back to the hotel...while I was kickin my self for bringing a 5 month old baby to the immoral, secondhand smoke filled Vegas. But after we both had naps we were much happier.Kirsten was the most popular person in Vegas. People were constantly smiling at her....most people stopped to tell her how adorable she is. The women would try to make her laugh and she would grab on their fingers....the mothers just stroke her arms because they knew her hands would go in her mouth. One guy was passing us going the opposite way and reach out and patted her head...so random. I swear she was the only baby in Vegas!

We also saw lions at the MGM grand. They were pretty cool...until they woke up then they were way to popular and we couldn't see them through the crowd.

We had such a great time in Vegas...thanks Liz!!!

1 comment:

  1. Best part of Vegas is the fountains at the Belagio!! Love em! Sounds like you had lots of fun =)

    ReplyDelete