Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rice Cereal

Sunday Kirsten got a taste of her very first food. Her gourmet meal included rice cereal. I think it was a smash hit....even though she doesn't really understand swallowing yet. We love how quickly she is growing up, being a parent is more fun everyday. She is finally big enough that I can cuddle with her in our bed, I could before but now I can without freaking out that she's going to get rolled on top of. I brought her into bed with me after Kirk left this morning and it was just so fun, one of the many things I dreamed of when I thought of becoming a mother.

Kirsten is 13 pounds and 25 inches. Still on the long and skinny side but chunking out for sure. She is reaching for things like crazy. We are to the stage that eating out isn't as fun anymore...because our plates are a good 10 inches away from us. She rolls from tummy to back and back to tummy easily (as long as there is something to roll towards). She also has started to really dislike the car. She finds sitting in the backseat facing the seat really boring...and she is not afraid to vocalize it. For the first couple days we just thought she was tired or hungry, but after realizing that she she is determined to have one of us in the backseat with her, we wised up. I have seriously considered buying a blow up doll to stick in the seat next to her so she doesn't feel so alone. Until then we make car trips as short as possible and drive-thru's have become a thing of the past (we get out of the car every chance we can).

1 comment:

  1. Looks like she has you both wrapped around her finger. =)

    ReplyDelete