Sunday, July 27, 2008

Camping with the Brinkerhoff's

A couple weekends ago we went camping with my family near Flaming Gorge. It was awesome and everyone but Riley and Josh were there. We had Abby's birthday party up there (with 26 people in the family its always someone's birthday). We like any excuse to party though. We got up there Thursday night and set up camp, had the party, then played the game our family is famous for, mafia. It's always best to play with my Dad because you can just ask him directly if he's the mafia and he will say something like "I cannot lie, I am the mafia." It's great.It was also our first time camping with Kirsten in a tent. She did really great and slept through the night like a charm. Above is how we kept her warm at night. She looked really cute! I think she mostly loved being outdoors all the time. This girl loves being outside. I have to admit I was really worried about coyotes (especially since Tyler would go check around camp every night for them) and would stay up half the night listening for them. The final night I was pretty sure I heard them running through our camp and didn't sleep at all. (Amanda and Brayden, who were sleeping under the stars, said they never heard them). So we got up at 6:00 and took the back roads to Stringham cabin and let Kirsten ride with me up front with me. She would not sit down and had to stand and look out the huge front windshield, she thought it was pretty awesome.Friday the family rented a boat at Flaming Gorge and went over to this cute beach area for swimming and lunch. Kirsten had to wear a life jacket as big as she was on the boat and she was not very fond of it. It was really fun to be on the boat with people we love so much.Once we got there Kirk talked everyone into going cliff jumping. And I mean everyone (except for me and mom). Camille even jumped off in a skirt.Kirsten and I missed out on the cliff jumping cause she fell asleep on my lap and was sooo tired. We had a great time camping, thanks to my family for making it so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment