Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Joys, Fears, Goals, Obsessions

My brother Josh graciously tagged us to name our 3 joys, fears, goals, and obsessions. Since this is our family blog we each took one. So enjoy. And I'm supposed to tag someone else to do the same but I'm just going to say that I would love to read anyone's who would like to do it.

Joys
Kirk absolutely loves when Kirsten and I come and see him at school. He loves showing off where he goes to school (it also helps us visualize the "Tanner" and "Snell" building that he talks about all the time)
I love to see Kirk and Kirsten together. He always puts his head right next to her and talks and laughs, she see's it as an opportunity to grab as much of him as she can shirt, nose, hair it doesn't matter but she loves holding onto him. I love it!
Kirsten loves standing, sitting and anything that is not "baby" related. She loves her lips being tickled and babbling at anything she wants (pacifier or bottle mostly)

Fears
Kirk's biggest fear is intruders at night. This kinda surprised me because I thought the "Knight Owl" wasn't afraid of anything.
My biggest fear is loosing someone else I love. After Izzi died I realized how precious every life is. If 14 month old Izzi can have that much of an affect on so many people imagine what a 12 year old, 24 year old, 58 year old person can have each day. I want to be affected by a lot of people and don't want to loose anyone else.
Kirsten's biggest fear is starving. Don't feed her on time and you'll know exactly what we are talking about.

Goals
Kirk's major goal is to find a professional career. He's so excited for fall semester he can hardly stand it. He's really anxious to start interviewing and find a job that isn't property management.
My ultimate goal is to become an eternal family. There are experiences in life (marriage, a birth of a child) that help you see the eternal perspective and realize how much you want to be together forever. But a shorter goal would be to get in shape, it's gonna happen.
Kirsten's goal is to roll over for the camera. She refuses to roll over from tummy or back on camera therefore we can't post a video on this blog, she things it's funny!

Obsessions
Kirk is absolutely obsessed with his major (Facility and Property Management) and Mariokart (thanks to Brett staying with us, tonight they unlocked the giant princess)
I am obsessed with checking my e-mail, facebook, and blogs. I really need to get this computer out of our living room. Kirk is thinking about installing a program that will only allow you to look at certain websites at certain times of the day (i.e. facebook from 7 am-8am).
Kirsten is obsessed with sucking on her fingers. There is nothing better for our little princess. We call her the finger sucker.

Don't believe my parents, I am a perfect angel.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading yours and the others I have read. It is interesting to see how similar they all are - in their own way. =) Happy 4th (almost)!

    ReplyDelete