Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Snow!

I was highly disappointed when the calendar turned to December and there had not been one decent snow storm in Lehi yet. I was very anxious to wake up to a world full of white snow! Snow finally came! Unfortunately Kirk had to drive to the airport that morning and I had to get Kirsten to school. And suddenly I remembered why snow isn't always a good thing...bad roads. Fortunately, I LOVED driving our new car in the snow and am so glad we got All-wheel drive. As I shoveled the driveway mid morning I wondered why none of my neighbors were out shoveling. But the driveway was covered in snow by the time I finished shoveling it...Oh! We wait until after the storm is over to shovel in Utah!
As I was dropping a neighbors kid off after school my car got stuck in the snow! There were only 6 inches of snow, why could I not get out of the driveway?! I had my friend come shovel the snow behind my tires and then had her push my car out into the road...before I realized my break was on, duh! The girls loved playing in the snow that afternoon and then warming up with lots of hot chocolate. The next morning I dreaded shoveling the snow from the driveway while trying to keep the three kids inside. Kirk was still out of town and I knew Timothy was going to hate hanging out in his high chair for 20 minutes. But I am very blessed and have wonderful friends who shoveled our driveway for me! Yay for winter!
We are quickly learning rain boots do not equal snow boots
Hooray for good friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment