Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Fun in Vernal

The weekend of October 18 has been highly anticipated at our house. It's the weekend of Chelsey's baby shower and our fall trip to Vernal. I had sewn like crazy making ties, a car seat cover, a diaper strap, and a baby blanket for Chelsey. The night before we left for Vernal Kirk and I realized we did not communicate well enough about the weekend and we would have to take two cars to Vernal! Glad we didn't have to drive 9 hours to get there anymore!
1. We met my family at the corn maze in Bluebell. And for the sake of family history I'll tell the funny's for the day. Amanda drove out with me and when we pulled up to the park we saw Garrett's and "Kristy's" car. We saw a group of people sitting on the picnic tables and supposing they were our family we honked and waved like crazy women...except we didn't know them. I started to (quickly) back my car up when I realized Bekah and Garrett were playing at the park and figured they must actually be there, so I pulled into the next available spot...which happened to be on the other side of Garrett's car where Emily was nursing Xander. She was laughing hysterical, oops!
Shortly after the rest of the our family showed up. When we were about ready to eat when a van pulled up with some cute dark headed boys and a mom with dark curly hair. My mom yells excitedly to her "Crystal is that you?! IS IT REALLY YOU?!" The rest of us had already realized it was not Crystal and we were desperately trying to get her to stop when the kind lady said "no, I'm not Crystal." My mom didn't believe her for a few minutes, ha ha.
After lunch we head to the corn maze. We were awesome and let 6 little girls lead the way...they did really well until they got us hopelessly lost. We were all scattered when I realized my girls weren't anywhere near me. I started calling for them when Kristy yelled that she had them and had found Kirsten who was lost in the corn stalks, alone and crying. Luckily Kristy heard her...mother of the year right here. The corn maze had a lot of fun activities for us to do the rest of the afternoon. We were sitting at the picnic table chatting when Garrett came up behind a complete stranger and asked (while he was inches away from her face) if he could have one of her nachos. He thought she was Kristy and was super embarrassed when he realized she wasn't. LOL There are officially too many of us to keep track of.
Grandpa paid for all of the grandkids to ride the cow train!
2. Karen threw the cutest Halloween party for the grandkids. They played in leaves, dressed in costumes, watched a magic show put on by Grandpa Olsen, went trick or treating from bedroom to bedroom, and had a halloween lunch! They were so busy having fun we only have a few pictures of them playing in leaves.
3. Chelsey's baby showers were so fun. I wish I had pictures. It was a cowboy themed shower and the cutest shower I've ever been to.

4. Saturday night we celebrated Brett's birthday party with his favorite little pony. We played classic Brinkerhoff games like the water game. We all went around and said what we loved about Brett and it was a super fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment