Monday, September 24, 2012

Why I like being a mom

Because when we pulled up to the park tonight Kirsten hoped out of her seat, leaned over my chair and gave me a big ol smackeroo for no reason at all.
Because there is always a race to see who can put their seatbelt on first in our car. Kirk and I always loose and someone from the backseat always says "it's ok mom, maybe tomorrow." So yesterday when Kirsten lost (to everyone) Kirk couldn't resist saying "it's ok Kirsten, maybe tomorrow" and we all burst out laughing. Then I said the same thing and we laughed more. And then Audrey waiting just long enough pipes up "it's ok Kirsten, maybe tomorrow" and we all laughed and laughed and laughed.
Because when Kirk laid his head on my stomach last night our baby boy tried for twenty minutes to push his dad off. It's amazing to play with a person we helped create but haven't met yet!
Because I get to smell little hands when they come out of the bathroom
for a soap check.
Because my girls name their stuffed animals Dynelle.
Because we have to whisper during breakfast because Audrey baby dolphin is "sleeping."
Because the girls were getting into the tub and Kirsten runs downstairs to get a toy and Kirk tells her "I can see your naked bum" and so she turns and runs back up to the bathroom exclaiming "Audrey, dad saw my naked bum!!!" And then Audrey gasps in shock!

Being a mom is an honor and so much fun! I sure lucked out to have such funny, smart, amazing little girls. And it doesn't hurt that my coworker is hot!

2 comments:

  1. this made me cry! Which isn't saying much, a sleep deprived 8 month pregnant Jess pretty much cries about everything. But still, this made me miss you guys and made me so excited to be a mom! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete