Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A few of my very favorite things about Audrey

Playing pregnancy with Kirst
Giving Daddy kisses at lunch
Making princess crowns out of whammy
She makes me happy when skies are grey
Real sisterly love
Taking a nap in the bathroom, notice the doggie on a leash
New Years, love those baby blues
All smiles on Kirk and my bed
Mustache girl
These girls love to play dress up
She still loves Adam and insists she will marry him and have babies
This is her favorite baby doll. She loves to carry the baby around in her shirt
She loves holding baby Ellie
Can't get enough of her sweet smile
Baby horsey and also her favorite blue outfit
Audrey insisted on wearing her "soccer" shoes and socks
This girl definitely has parents who adore her
She LOVED this kitty, wish we could let her have one of her own
My gorgeous girls!
So excited to be a big sister! (Taken the night we found out we were pregnant)
I love when this girl climbs into bed with us in the morning
She loves to go hiking with her Daddy
So much attitude, especially when it comes to "pop"
Mischievous smile
Likes the idea of fishing...not the actual fish
Love those baby blues
So photogenic
Loves her Daddy
LOVES coco!
Sisters!

Playing doctor to her daddy
Hates having the sun in her eyes!
bandaids fix everything
Loves rocks
Broken arm :(
Had to have the blue cast
So sweet
How can you say no to that smile
Gorgeous girl
LOVES mommys makeup
Our cuddle bug
Loves her nana
Scared to death but still managed a smile
Dora for Christmas!

Loves Cody and pop
Audrey is our sugar and spice. It's not always easy to be her mom, but I wouldn't trade being her mom for anything. A few of my favorite things about her:
She was born to be a mother. She almost always has a stuffed animal or baby in her arms (along with their blanket and bottle). She talks to them (and they talk back in a high pitched voice), bathes them, puts them down for naps, takes them potty, and disciplines them. We are always finding stuffed animals in random places all over the house (our bed and the baby's crib are her favorites). I feel like we have way to many stuffed animals at our house, but she loves each one of them so much I figure a couple years of stuffed animals everywhere isn't so bad.
Audrey is very gentle. Her feelings are easily hurt, we really have to watch the tone we use around her or she can be in tears over the simplest things. She is always the first to notice when someone needs something or to lend a helping hand.
We can't force Audrey to do anything she doesn't want to do and sometimes have to be very creative to make things sound enticing to her so she will do them.
She also likes to learn things at her own pace aka she doesn't mind wearing her shoes on the wrong feet not matter how many times we try to teach her differently!
Audrey is a smarty pants. A couple days after her birthday we went swimming as a family. We were only in the pool for a couple minutes when Audrey says "I know how to spell my name." She had never spelled it by herself before so I asked her to spell it and then she did! She spelled her name correctly right then and there. I told her to spell her name for Kirk and she did! She has since spelled it over and over correctly. That little Audrey of ours is something special.
Audrey came up with her own clever word for flatulence. She says "Oh I beeped" I think it's the cutest thing and love "beeped" much more than fart.
She loves her sister and the conversation before Kirsten goes to school goes something like "I'm going to miss you. I wish I could come with you." The girls are best friends and love to play together all day everyday.
Audrey is our snuggly girl and is always up for sitting on our lap for a minute and giving us hugs. Before bed she insists on a hug and a kiss and always makes a sweet "mmmm" sound when she hugs us.
She's brave and doesn't hesitate to go into the deep end of the pool (with us right there) or climbing as high as she can when we hike. But she is also really smart about things and always insists we hold her hand whenever we cross the street (or parking lot).
She LOVES her baby brother and talks to him a couple times a day. She also gives my belly kisses every night. She loves to rub my belly  and say "hi baby." It's so cute and I can't wait to introduce the two of them (I may have even teared up at the idea).
Audrey screams like no ones business, but at least we know she is passionate about life.
There is so much personality to our sweet 3 year old, this is only the tip of her iceberg, she is so much joy and I'm so grateful that I get to be her mother forever.

2 comments:

  1. She's so adorable!! Sometimes Bekah does a wail that reminds me of Audrey, but then she also does the same thing Audrey did (does?) where she finds herself hilarious, so I'll take it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kirsten in the first picture, she has the "I dont want to be pregnant anymore" look on! Haha. Cute kiddos!

    ReplyDelete