Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday London Walk

So today I woke up early (8:00) and went to church in downtown London right next to Hyde Park.  The ward was very friendly and I enjoyed the services.  Afterwards I took the opportunity to walk the 5 miles from church back to the house, passing all the sites I needed to take in while in London.  I went to Trafalgar Square where there were preparations for the Paralympics coming up.  I grabbed a bite to eat at a wonderful Italian Restaurant on the corner.  I then Headed south passing some guards not only standing but the ones on horses? (Really?)  The pinnacle of the trip was to see Westminster Abby, the place my Mom had recommended me to see the moment she heard I was in London.  She remembered a specific statue inside and wanted me to take a picture.  To my disappointment.... It was closed for Religious Services.  I then walked next door  to see the House of Lords and followed the river bank back up to my hotel.  Passing Big Ben (Which apparently is the clock, not the tower), Eye of London, and quite a few other amazing estates and gardens.  It was a fun 5 mile trek back from church!



Sorry the pictures are not in any order...










No comments:

Post a Comment